Rate this topic

FrankS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are moving along at Cilldargan

The new Container Terminal is now open for business .................

P1010012 (2).jpg

The Sugar Beet Campaign is in full swing ~ Here we see 4whlers being loaded at East Cilldargan ~ Wagons by Hidden Agenda ....................

P1010027.jpg

The tracks are now in place at Cilldargan Town Station ~ awaiting the arrival of Peco platforms. And newly arrived NIR # 112 is seen here on mundane duties hauling a ballast train - both Brake vans coutesy of Hidden Agenda and Anthony - great work lads =D

P1010016.jpg

and, finally an idea I had for displaying large versions of the scale sized signs on the layout on the facia board - handy for when my eyes get worse :((

P1010020.jpg

Looking forwards to the signs from Glenderg, to add to my collection.

Cheers, from down under :cheers:

Ha Ha, I remember a couple of those signs from Snappers thread! Good use sir, and I love how your layout looks busy without being tooooo busy, if you know what I mean! That said, yer man with his hands in his pockets might do well to lift some of that beet off the track shoulder and least look busy. Or is he a supervisor? :ROFL:

• 2 months later...

G'Day Guys,

Thought I'd post an update on what's been happening on the Cilldargan Section, CIE.

Well, the simple answer is 'not much'.

The layout runs round the walls of the (roughly) 16' x 10' rear Bedroom. The layout room has to also do duty as my Study, My Library and an emergency spare bedroom. Which means that while 2 sides of the layout are built on a basis of (approx) 4' high IKEA Ivar shelving the other 2 sides run along a shelf built in to 8' High Ivar bookshelves and can't be much more than a foot wide.

However, my eminently sensible, confirmed-bachelor son, has suddenly announced that he's going to commit marital suicide and move out, doing the whole bit engaged, married, rent a house, buy a house bit,. Which means that his 12' x 12' bedroom will be empty. Against all expectations S.W.M.B.O. announded that I could have it for my study/ library. When I picked myself up off the floor, I realised that there are good and bad aspects to this: ie

The GOOD - the layout room can now just be the layout room, enabling wider boards not impeded with vertical supports which in turn will enable larger radius curves which will hopefully eliminate derailing steam loco trucks.

The BAD - until it actually happens, and my son mounts the marital scaffold - there's not much point in doing any further building as it will have to be torn up in a year or so. so things have come to a stop for the time being.

So, I'm still adding to the stock (awaiting the CIE liveried 071s) but that's about it for now.

In the meantime I'm keeping myself out of trouble by reving an interest of 45+ years ago and buying old Egger-bahn HOe equipment on E-Bay and building a small HOe logging layout set in the Carpathian Mountains to run it on.

The BAD - until it actually happens, and my son mounts the marital scaffold.......

Jasus Frank, I had to go down to the fridge and get a roll of the good jacks paper I keep there for emergencies =))

Think I still have a load of Egger Bahn bits in the attic if you are looking for anything in particular

G'Day Guys,

Thought I'd post an update on what's been happening on the Cilldargan Section, CIE.

Well, the simple answer is 'not much'.

The layout runs round the walls of the (roughly) 16' x 10' rear Bedroom. The layout room has to also do duty as my Study, My Library and an emergency spare bedroom. Which means that while 2 sides of the layout are built on a basis of (approx) 4' high IKEA Ivar shelving the other 2 sides run along a shelf built in to 8' High Ivar bookshelves and can't be much more than a foot wide.

However, my eminently sensible, confirmed-bachelor son, has suddenly announced that he's going to commit marital suicide and move out, doing the whole bit engaged, married, rent a house, buy a house bit,. Which means that his 12' x 12' bedroom will be empty. Against all expectations S.W.M.B.O. announded that I could have it for my study/ library. When I picked myself up off the floor, I realised that there are good and bad aspects to this: ie

The GOOD - the layout room can now just be the layout room, enabling wider boards not impeded with vertical supports which in turn will enable larger radius curves which will hopefully eliminate derailing steam loco trucks.

The BAD - until it actually happens, and my son mounts the marital scaffold - there's not much point in doing any further building as it will have to be torn up in a year or so. so things have come to a stop for the time being.

So, I'm still adding to the stock (awaiting the CIE liveried 071s) but that's about it for now.

In the meantime I'm keeping myself out of trouble by reving an interest of 45+ years ago and buying old Egger-bahn HOe equipment on E-Bay and building a small HOe logging layout set in the Carpathian Mountains to run it on.

The layout looks bigger than you have described. Can you post some more pics of overall size. It does look a great layout.

I have a small room and I would like to see what you have done as it may give me an idea to use as musch space as I can Thanks

Cilldargan House - again :dig:

Actually this is the module I'm using :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsHUJMqM1mQ

but, I couldn't find the video yesterday.

PS - If your computer makes an odd noise while checking this out - it will be my wife muttering that someday I'll have to account for my sins :cheers:

can be bought in Bray tomorrow,only for over 21's

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...