Irish Railway Models Ballast Wagon

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Production Packaging Ballasts 02042017.jpg

COMING TO A LAYOUT NEAR YOU VERY, VERY SOON!!!!

Sometimes we all get that Sunday night fear; a great weekend comes to an end and another long week is fast approaching. Relaxation and fun gives way to work and responsibilities. Oh, if there was only something to look forward to to get us through the week!

Well, fear not! This week is a mile post nearer to journey's end in the wait for the IRM Ballast Wagons. As you can see in this picture, the long wait is almost over. They're on their way and in a couple of weeks time they will be a part of your collection. Hopefully the excitement of getting your hands on them will get you through the week ahead!

(And yes, Ballast loads are still included. We just wanted you to see that lovely detail inside!)

Thanks men, we are beside ourselves with excitement. It's taken a lot of work, long hours and a huge amount of effort to get these across the line but the finishing line is only a few feet away. Our aim was to get the highest quality fit and finish product that's as accurate for a reasonable price to give you all the best bang for your buck and I think we are achieving that. :)

It's great to see this project reaching the finish line. Thank's for sticking your necks out

and we are all very grateful for your efforts and producing a top class model.

This will be a learning curve that will help with all future projects.

THEY ARE LEAVING ON A JET PLANE!

The moment is here, everybody! Our first project, the CIE ballast wagon, is currently in transit from the factory in China to these shores. We have decided to fly them to Ireland to speed up delivery!

We expect to have them next week after customs is cleared. We will then personally inspect every pack to make sure that they are up to scratch.

As you may know, we are a small team doing this in our spare time. We also have the North Down Model Railway Society Bangor show next weekend too. It will take us several days to go through everything and ship them out to everyone. Rest assured you will get them as soon as we can get them checked, packed and in the post!

image1 (7).jpg

image3.jpg

IRM Ballast shipment 1.jpg

Edited by Warbonnet

There's customer service for you. Opting for the finished article to be flown in instead of spending few weeks on the high seas at no extra expense to the customer.... can't ask for more really. :-bd

Thanks Railer. We felt after our transition to standing on our own two feet that we had a lot of lost time to make up for. We wanted to reward customers patience as much as possible so decided to fly them in and get them to you all ASAP! :)

Edited by Warbonnet

Good good. I plan to be at the Bangor show but may not be 100 % able to. Should I let you know a couple of days before ?

Hi Richrua, that's grand. If you could confirm as soon as you know yourself so we can make sure we get your order to you it would be great!

Yes with 4 ballasts packs paid for and a 10% voucher in each pack, thats a generous 40% discount on a rake of tara's :) I think not, but appreciate the 10%.

Yeah, I have 10 packs paid for so that's a few discounts I'll have left over. I do fully intend on getting at least 12 tara wagons upfront and more later though.

Well done gentlemen, a lot of hard work has gone into these wagons-and as I have said from the start I will be supporting you on this and other planned releases,

Thank you for producing such a high standard Irish model.:tumbsup:

Thanks, Noel! We're extremely appreciative of the strong support and encouragement we've received. :)

Ballast bodies.jpg

Happy Easter, everyone!

A few people said to us previously that this image of the ballast bodies being readied for assembly looked like chocolate, While we think the do look pretty delish, we hope that you are having some nice chocolate eggs while you're running your trains today!

The wagons are en route to us via air and will touch down this coming week. Here's all the information you need about receiving yours, as well as news on other projects and a very special offer! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/index.php/2017/04/12/ballast-hoppers-en-route/