barrow street

Rate this topic

warb

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Spent many an hour watching train movements from the office in the old mill tower

Our office was on the corner of Grand Canal Place and Harmony Row, with a great view of the railway from the staff canteen. Although it was a fairly modern 4 story building with brick cladding, it was demolished or possibly re-built as a 6 stroy office blocl with curtain walling, totally different in character from when I worked there about 20 years ago.

At the time there was not a lot of variety in train workings DARTs on inner suburban workings, Arrow railcars on Maynooth line services & 201s & MK3 push pull services stabled on the line between Pearse Station and the Boston Yard for peak hour Northern Line services, 201 Class running through on the Ammonia and bulk cement trains to and from the Cork to the Belfast line running to the Boston Yard on weekends to run round. Power on the Rosslare passenger was more un-predictable with a single Bo Bo sometimes working the train if an 071 was unavailable.

On 6/6/2020 at 11:05 PM, Railer said:

If IRM do them they will be better than the Bachmann versions as they basically the UK versions resprayed. The IE ones have a different bogie and buffer type, IRM might even get a lighting pack in them too. 

What do you think the real ones are - they are JJA's with buffers at each end and 5ft 3in bogies. Nothing overly special about them!

Great work on the layout and stock warb!

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted for a while as i was in the process of shifting the layout to allow for other works at the northern end at pearse station. Part of this work is the making of the roof/roofline of st andrews church westland row which also back on to cumberland street south here some photos of the progress.(Kildare street branch diverting immediately within the station area:tumbsup:)

Warb

20200730_195401.jpg

20200730_195419.jpg

20200730_195439.jpg

20200730_195451.jpg

20200730_195509.jpg

20200730_195553.jpg

20200730_211845.jpg

20200730_211850.jpg

20200730_211922.jpg

• Like 11
  • WOW! 3

On 6/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, Noel said:

Fab-U-Lous. The full length dart looks really great. Love the tripod in the playground. It looks like a piece of modern architecture, or a children's playground feature.

OK, I have decided to admit now, that I spent ten minutes on Google Maps trying to decide what that was....

• Like 1