barrow street

Rate this topic

warb

15 hours ago, warb said:

Please find link to new video

Literally perfection. You've perfectly captured the area and the craftsmanship of the buildings/scenery is mind blowing.

What is the name of the yellow Iarnrod Eireann wagons in the background that look like they haul ore and where do I get them? 

2 hours ago, Mick said:

Literally perfection. You've perfectly captured the area and the craftsmanship of the buildings/scenery is mind blowing.

What is the name of the yellow Iarnrod Eireann wagons in the background that look like they haul ore and where do I get them? 

Mick
They are Autoballasters, one of the hardest Irish RTR wagons to get, even sourcing  the UK equivelant wagon to repaint is tough

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Mick
They are Autoballasters, one of the hardest Irish RTR wagons to get, even sourcing  the UK equivelant wagon to repaint is tough

Ah I see. Sure maybe there will be another a run if there is demand! 

46 minutes ago, Mick said:

Ah I see. Sure maybe there will be another a run if there is demand! 

It's been about 7 years and still no sign. They were a commission by 3 Irish stores from Bachmann. 2 of those stores have since ceased trading with only Marks Models left.

4 hours ago, Railer said:

It's been about 7 years and still no sign. They were a commission by 3 Irish stores from Bachmann. 2 of those stores have since ceased trading with only Marks Models left.

So its down to IRM if its going to happen in the future? :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

If IRM do them they will be better than the Bachmann versions as they basically the UK versions resprayed. The IE ones have a different bogie and buffer type, IRM might even get a lighting pack in them too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noel said:

If someone wants a model badly enough they can always follow WARBs example and scratchbuild a plasticard body on a proprietary chassis.

If I re-member correctly it took longer for IE to commission the 2750 Sparrow railcars after their arrival in Inchacore than it took WARB to complete his  model from scratch including to measuring and photographing the prototype shortly afters its arrival in Ireland!

• Like 3

On 6/6/2020 at 2:38 PM, WRENNEIRE said:

Mick

Looks like a relatively easy respray of Bachmann Rail Track 38-210. No masking needed, one single colour, just a lot of small transfers to be carefully placed. Personally I've not interest in anything yellow, nor PW stuff, so never aspired to respray any rail track stock. I remember seeing a twin pack of Irish rail ones for sale a few years ago for €70 and my jaw nearly dropped thinking no way I'd ever pay €35 each for a wagon especially one that didn't transport either passengers or goods. If one was into yellow PW stuff that sounds like a good deal now compared to buying and respraying RailTrack but its an easy single colour respray.

SSM do the transfers (see below)

F17.jpg

https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/bachmann-wagons/bachmann-high-capacity-hopper-wagons/bachmann-38-210-jja-autoballaster-generator-in-railtrack-livery/

0ed82465332b724da4f9c984459cd66f.jpg

Also regularly on eBay 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Looks like a relatively easy respray of Bachmann Rail Track 38-210. No masking needed, one single colour, just a lot of small transfers to be carefully placed. Personally I've not interest in anything yellow, nor PW stuff, so never aspired to respray any rail track stock. I remember seeing a twin pack of Irish rail ones for sale a few years ago for €70 and my jaw nearly dropped thinking no way I'd ever pay €35 each for a wagon especially one that didn't transport either passengers or goods. If one was into yellow PW stuff that sounds like a good deal now compared to buying and respraying RailTrack but its an easy single colour respray.

SSM do the transfers (see below)

F17.jpg

https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/bachmann-wagons/bachmann-high-capacity-hopper-wagons/bachmann-38-210-jja-autoballaster-generator-in-railtrack-livery/

0ed82465332b724da4f9c984459cd66f.jpg

Also regularly on eBay 

Noel, 

You are a legend! I think I'll have a go at respraying! Is there any way to get know what shade of yellow would be similar or just trial and error?