barrow street

Rate this topic

warb

• 4 months later...

Yes, that looks the ticket, all right.

Probably cheaper than buying a house with a big enough loft - especially as modern ones have so many struts -

Ouch!, that's anther time I've bashed my head motorising points on Portadown Junction - I'm black and blue!

Edited by leslie10646
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

Interesting seeing Collrolled Steel Framing being used in Ireland, though I 'built' the Four Storey 150 Bed Hotel with the stuff in Dublin during the mid 90s and its still standing. 

Looks like an excellent layout room high standard of dimensional stability with insulated wall and roof panels.

Rolled steel framing which is becoming popular in this part of the world because of its light weight and dimensional stability compared to timber framing. The only odd thing to my mind was the traditional block rising walls and ground bearing floor slab, the majority of lightweight buildings in this part of the world are built on an insulated raft slab on a compacted sand pad. 

• Like 1

Mayner

The reason for the traditional block rising walls was the building is beside a river and on that side stepped reinforced foundations were needed with approx. 5FT rising wall required on that side. Ground bearing reinforced floor slab just to be on the safe side.

warb

• Like 2

Way to go , Some of the 'Office' Rooms are nuts prices, Was Looking at a Steeltech option myself and get rid of the Portacabin which is too damp. Your shed kitted out with insulation etc will be nice and toasty!!  About 10K for a 20x10 Steeltech yoke and like you would have to do the base.

With re bar no fear with Nuke strikes!!

Oh a lovely Stream next to it too, Wow, only Perfect!

Edited by Georgeconna

• 4 weeks later...

Hi warb,

I was so captivated by this posting that I went right back to the very beginning of the thread and read every page - what can I say, except to echo all the accumulated compliments and comments of so many others. Spellbinding modelling skills and incredibly atmospheric depiction of a part of the city I know very well - Congratulations   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1