barrow street

Rate this topic

warb

Work started back on the last office building Harmony Court on Harmony Row/Brunswick Place which was one of the first buildings started a long time ago. As Time moved on different methods of construction would now be used if i was starting to build it now.

20200430_152828.jpg

20200430_152838.jpg

20200430_152917.jpg

20200430_152929.jpg

• Like 9
  • WOW! 8

the good ole Arrows - fab job!

I used to get them every morning/evening for about 6 years in the late 90's/00s from Ashtown to Pearse Street/Grand Canal  Stations and down to Grand Canal Basin for work................In all that time I'd say I experienced the actual seats about 5 times - they were jammers at rush hour!

I am not known for my joy at seeing modern railcars, but I have to say from recent jaunts on the Cobh line over the last half-dozen years, they've grown on me a bit - and I did like the 2700s, strangely enough.

The noise a 2600 makes going up the tunnel en route to Mallow is something else - so many suburban railcars don't ever get a chance to properly stretch their legs!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I am not known for my joy at seeing modern railcars, but I have to say from recent jaunts on the Cobh line over the last half-dozen years, they've grown on me a bit - and I did like the 2700s, strangely enough.

The noise a 2600 makes going up the tunnel en route to Mallow is something else - so many suburban railcars don't ever get a chance to properly stretch their legs!

Shock horror! Hold fast dear man against the bewitching temptress of DMUs  nono.gif

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

I will still state that the most comfortable railcars are the old GNR / CIE AECs, providing we're talking original seats here, of course, and the modern NIR 4K and 3K types. And the worst by far were the MEDs and "Castle (Cattle) Class" or 450s of NIR. Ghastly things, both of 'em.

Warb, is that an MIR kit for the 80 class? Very well made.

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 1

This layout amazes me. I used to work very near there, about 25 years ago, remember cycling those very streets . It is like a time machine for me. Thank you.

This layout amazes me. I used to work very near there, about 25 years ago, remember cycling those very streets . It is like a time machine for me. Thank you.

• Like 2

Considering how materials and techniques have developed in the last 20 years, the 'forgotten' DMU compares very well with modern RTR stuff.

Said it before and will say it again, building coaching stock is every bit as challenging as building locomotives and here we have four DMUs and scratchbuild too. Great work!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...