Packages Received!

Rate this topic

DJ Dangerous

On 11/16/2019 at 2:12 AM, DiveController said:

For some that 141 in BnT livery is the best up there and that Cravens (with the single thick white band) on the innermost curve would run perfectly behind her 

Picked that one up by fluke. Frizinghall had five dual-band Cravens in stock. I ordered the five, and they wrote to me to say that somebody had previously sold a Cravens in the wrong box, and they only had four dual-band and one single-band. Gimme gimme gimme.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

A few more packages received, crowning off what was a very expensive but very successful year!

Only missing two 141's for the collection, B188 and 171, so if anybody has either BNIB and wishes to part with them, drop me a line.

Again, feeling lucky as Hell with this lot.

Many thanks to @murphaphand @WRENNEIREfor their work and their help with this haul!

A 29000 and some grey 071's on the way, too, courtesy of Chris Dyer!

😍

2021-01-22 19.02.07-1.jpg

2021-01-07 18.04.58.jpg

2021-01-07 14.52.29-1.jpg

2021-01-07 09.58.22-1.jpg

• Like 11
  • WOW! 1

33 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Cool, I hope the dude doing them took off the previous markings, Some did not and it took the gloss of em.

I have to get around to one sometime.

I have a feeling that Chris's repaints are done by Tony Mirolo, who is pretty good.

Hopefully, he'll take care of removing the original markings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, irishthump said:

I see you got yourself a Lokprogrammer. Great investment if you plan on having a lot of sound equipped locos.

Yup, @murphaph convinced me to move towards DCC, and to invest in one of these.

Lots of learning ahead, and it'll probably be summer before I have time to actually look at doing anything at all, but I'm sure it'll be better in the long run.

EDIT: Actually, it'll probably be autumn, as my summer week off will be the first this year, and the family are probably flying down for that!

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Yup, @murphaph convinced me to move towards DCC, and to invest in one of these.

Lots of learning ahead, and it'll probably be summer before I have time to actually look at doing anything at all, but I'm sure it'll be better in the long run.

EDIT: Actually, it'll probably be autumn, as my summer week off will be the first this year, and the family are probably flying down for that!

The Lokprogrammer is actually a lot simpler than you might think especially if you just want to load sounds to decoders.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...