Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

After refurbishing the layout it took me two and a half hours just cleaning the track. The PVA glue seemed to adhere to the track and it took some shifting. It will take a while to fine tune the running of stock and iron out all those little problems that seem to develop once you do anything to the layout.

Some pictures of testing the layout with different eras of rolling stock.

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_4232.JPG

IMG_4239.JPG

Fantastic layout, they seem to be running well after the clean Kirley. I love the UTA dmu, the pocket wagons, and the steamer with the short goods. Great atmosphere and scenery. Would you recommend a particular cleaning agent or method for the track after carrying out work with glue etc? Thanks, Tommy.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished two tasks this week, well almost.

I had Weshty's Ground Signals for longer than I care to remember. Spent ages wiring micro LED's and I have placed 4 signals near the TMD, some are easier to spot than others, to make things harder they are not wired up yet.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0176.JPG

The second task was to put up more shelves so as I could put all the rolling stock within easy reach. Unfortunately there are still stock in boxes after filling the shelves.

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.JPG

Options; more shelves, down size, stop buying/building.

CIE Steam on Kirley Junction

I did not intend for this video to be so long, over 6 mins. Please give me feedback on what would be a more comfortable length.

BTY this is what can happen if you forget to concentrate on what is happening on the tracks.

IMG_4459.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25613[/ATTACH]

That's a shocking accident!!! Even the photographer and his tripod must have been knocked over by the derailment. The emergency services hadn't even arrived by the time you took the pic. :)

Seriously, enjoyed the video. Some lovely stock and I love your layouts back scenes. Did I notice intercity mk4 at 2m32secs? :)

Did I notice intercity mk4 at 2m32secs? :)

Thanks Guys for your comments, I think the 6mins + was a bit long and should have done some more editing.

Noel, that's the trouble with video, you can't edit out the bits that you did not mean to show. There are a lot more 'bits' that were not meant to appear.

Thanks Guys for your comments, I think the 6mins + was a bit long and should have done some more editing.

Noel, that's the trouble with video, you can't edit out the bits that you did not mean to show. There are a lot more 'bits' that were not meant to appear.

I love your superb layout. 6mins was not too long for me. :) Enjoyed watching it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...