Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

• 2 weeks later...

CIE Laminates off the production line. I have added them to a rake of Park Royal, Craven coaches and a Dutch Van pulled by GM 142. A Sulzer under pressure pulling a rake of brass coaches also makes an appearance.

IMG_2572.JPG

[video=youtube;7X--l5D2POI]

The Bullied Open Wagons after a bit of use have started to tone down a bit.

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2586.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
A video of the build and the VS in action.

No Teak Coaches yet but I'm thinking about it.

Great stuff, Kieran. I note you only ran her with six bogies - how many can she manage? My No.207 slips with the full ten on - imitating the All-In for the Rugby Internationals. Annoyingly, my Class WT manages ten OK - the reverse of the "real thing" where the tank would have VERY pushed taking tenover the Wellington Bank, while the real No.207 would have taken it in her stride.

When my trackwork looks a little less amateurish, I'll post a video of 207 with a complete mahogany train. MAHOGANY not xxxxing teak!!!!

As I say, brilliant stuff. What do you do in your s[pare time?

Leslie

I note you only ran her with six bogies - how many can she manage? My No.207 slips with the full ten on - imitating the All-In for the Rugby Internationals. Annoyingly, my Class WT manages ten OK - the reverse of the "real thing" where the tank would have VERY pushed taking tenover the Wellington Bank, while the real No.207 would have taken it in her stride.

MAHOGANY not xxxxing teak!!!!

Leslie

I find a big difference between the RTR coaches (plastic) and the brass coaches. With the inclines on my layout 6 brass coaches run OK. I haven't tried a bigger number of RTR coaches but would think it would pull the 10. I have added weight to the locomotive which helps in its pulling power. I have already been told off about my not so deliberate mistake -mahogany it is.

Still waiting to see pictures of your layout, long time promised.

Kirley, you have a layout that must give you great satisfaction, as I get great satisfaction just from watching your videos! And it feels like I'm getting to know the layout and all its wonderful scenes and vista's! On a side note I hope that up-and-down bell container at the start of the video isn't full of beer bottles!!! Maybe that's why Bell went out of business!!

• 2 weeks later...