Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

AEC Railcars. I had completed a Worsley Works Kit for the GNR Railcar and added an SSM K15 coach to make up a 3 Car Set a month ago but whenever I set the coach on the rails it shorted. I tried everything I could but it was not until Colm Flanagan suggested changing the wheel sets did I resolve the problem. Now all is running well round Kirley Junction.

P1020673.JPG

There is a second AEC Railcar in this video in UTA livery supplied by Silver Fox.

Kirley,

Congratulations on your wonderful Model Railway.

May I ask where you sourced the seats for your Railcar Sets from? I too have the Worsley Kits for the railcars and intermediate coach. These are being built for me - I'm afraid I do not have the necessary skills to build them to the required high standard that they deserve. Would it also be possible for you to post some close-up photographs of the front of the railcars please. This is to help us with the curvature on these sets at the sides and the fronts.

Happy modelling,

Thank you,

Old Blarney.

Kirley,

Congratulations on your wonderful Model Railway.

May I ask where you sourced the seats for your Railcar Sets from? Would it also be possible for you to post some close-up photographs of the front of the railcars please.

Old Blarney.

I would go with Des's suggestion, I used some from the Wizard 5L range as they are easy to cut up.

http://www.wizardmodels.co.uk/FrameSetShop.php?DM=wizabout

I'll PM you re photographs

• 2 weeks later...

Bullied Open Wagons

Today saw the first run out of these wagons on Kirley Junction.

IMG_2480.JPG

In the build I used Weshty's tip about using scrap brass instead of the paper staples supplied in the kit for the brake gear protectors.

IMG_2448.JPG

I used Locomotive K1a No.388 to provide the power. As you can see in the video below the wagons look too clean at least for my liking so some weathering is planned.