Bargain of The Century? The 'Dicky' Taras - An Almost Perfect Wagon At a Bargain Price

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

I think judging by the sounds of the demand, that a limit of 1 rake per customer would suffice and most likely still see the dickies sell out and if they don't sell out now at that limit they will sell out during future flash sales. Can Shopify maybe generate single use discount codes, specific to the dickies that could be emailed to existing customers in advance of Black Friday? There will be a lot of unhappy campers if 10 people buy all the rakes up in the first 60 seconds. I've already promised my son a few. I hope that wasn't too hasty!

• Agree 4

This is wonderful news. Considering the energy and materials than went in to producing these models, let alone the packaging, it would be criminal to bin them. Living in Donegal I cannot attend the shows so hopefully I will be able to secure a rake when they are announced on the website. My fear is that someone will block buy these and put them on EBAY.  Whatever little faults they have will not be noticeable when running around behind an 071 or an "A" class. Other manufacturers have sold wagons with bigger "compromises" than this little fault for full price for years on end. I hope this policy is continued by IRM with other stock like locomotives. If a batch arrives with a fault or are not up to their usual Himalayan standard, don't bin them but sell them on with the issue clearly listed.

Edited by spudfan
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I hope this doesn't happen again to be honest. As a one off it's a nice "treat" for us at Halloween but it was certainly a "trick" for IRM when this happened. It would reduce the overall viability of the enterprise should it become a regular occurrence but the attention to detail at IRM Towers is unlikely to allow that to happen. You are spot on though Spud, loads of other well respected manufacturers would have just sold this batch at full RRP and given their customers some guff about manufacturing tolerances etc. Aren't we lucky that our models are made by men of a different calibre.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, murphaph said:

I think judging by the sounds of the demand, that a limit of 1 rake per customer would suffice and most likely still see the dickies sell out and if they don't sell out now at that limit they will sell out during future flash sales. Can Shopify maybe generate single use discount codes, specific to the dickies that could be emailed to existing customers in advance of Black Friday? There will be a lot of unhappy campers if 10 people buy all the rakes up in the first 60 seconds. I've already promised my son a few. I hope that wasn't too hasty!

Hey, screw you, I want five rakes for my mates, Tom, Dick and Harry...

• Funny 5

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, BEANO3005 said:

Yes I do think they should be limited to 5 packs per customer, as there will be some buying them to stockpile and sell on at inflated prices. 

FOMO??

They will be marked as seconds anyway like the ones were at Raheny. 'Caveat Emptor' if you are later buying them preowned

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

They have all been stamped as seconds / imperfect and we’ve put in place a limit of a maximum of two packs of each sku per customer. More details in a few days. 

Thats sounds like a sensible plan hopefully people won’t be greedy and limit themselves to one or two packs so everyone will get an opportunity to get some . 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, flange lubricator said:

Thats sounds like a sensible plan hopefully people won’t be greedy and limit themselves to one or two packs so everyone will get an opportunity to get some . 

Like all items, real time levels will show once the stock hits 50 units left and the bundle discount, free post and loyalty points will also apply (which is why they are €24.99 a pack)

Will there be any other surprises on Black Friday? Like, is there a 20' of Cement Bubbles that you're holding back for "Black Friday Bubbles" again?

What time will the Black Friday madness be unleashed? I have a sickening feeling that I'll be in work at the time and will walk away dickyless.

Will there be any Accurascale madness?