eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 2 weeks later...

Quite pricey there @NIR 450 ‘Castle’ Class Just one 4000 class would take up my modeling money rations.

After look at ECM trains Bing loco I thought where i could get one so i look around and found a bargain  https://comoda.spraytanfresno.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=34882. Look at the price difference to this https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SCARCE-BING-LIVE-STEAM-O-GAUGE-LOCOMOTIVE-3410-BAVARIA-tender-great-western/143589052484?hash=item216e931044:g:4r0AAOSwj~VcyxGo. Unfortunately i am not going to buy it as my ration don,t go that far but i thought one of O gauge people or anyone would like it. Its is a real bargain.

MM

Edited by Midland Man

16 hours ago, Midland Man said:

Quite pricey there @NIR 450 ‘Castle’ Class Just one 4000 class would take up my modeling money rations.

After look at ECM trains Bing loco I thought where i could get one so i look around and found a bargain  https://comoda.spraytanfresno.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=34882. Look at the price difference to this https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SCARCE-BING-LIVE-STEAM-O-GAUGE-LOCOMOTIVE-3410-BAVARIA-tender-great-western/143589052484?hash=item216e931044:g:4r0AAOSwj~VcyxGo. Unfortunately i am not going to buy it as my ration don,t go that far but i thought one of O gauge people or anyone would like it. Its is a real bargain.

MM

That was my initial reaction @Midland Man but it does have DCC Sound..difficult one, in regards to those steamers, €49.86 is very decent, the guts of €500 is frankly ridiculous considering the condition (in my opinion anyway)

Edited by NIR 450 ‘Castle’ Class

The Bing loco is clockwork, MM. I’m also suspicious that Spray Tan Fresno has 63 Bing clockwork locos kicking around! Such things rather fun in action though and there are still a number of devotees of coarse scale clockwork and steam operation. Fine scale modelling it is not - but atmosphere in abundance!  

• Like 1

I've got a fair bit of old 0 gauge tin stuff, I love these as they're proper hefty metal and have a real 'railway' feel about them, tho they aren't scale models as such...I've got one of those mamod steam locos tucked away somewhere too, which I must dig out and play with !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Yes indeed, some are selling in UK at those prices. A few sold for €140 a few weeks ago which seemed a good deal. The market may be ripe for a rerun in a year or two given the amount of quality IRM rolling stock now in circulation.

If anyone is on the look still for a copy of the Doyle/Hirsch rolling stock books, and first edition (1979) one going on eBay just now: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Locomotives-Rolling-Stock-of-Coras-Iompair-Eireann-Northern-Ireland-Railways/233593852317?epid=87420448&hash=item366347519d:g:YF0AAOSwTsNexSVu

A lad in the North is selling off a few different bits of rolling stock including Bachmann/Murphys mogul and North Counties version of the Bachmann jinty 0-6-0:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/RARE-CIE-2-6-0-Irish-Green-N-Class-Loco-Tender-Murphy-Models-Bachmann/333607996528

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Murphy-Models-NCC-0-6-0-Class-Y-Tank-Loco-No-19-Northern-Counties-RARE/333607159802

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, WaYSidE said:

Worth a few bob more WaYSidE, probably €40 - €50 depending on condition.
Earlier version had a cardboard inner, this is the later one with a plastic inner

On 5/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, Noel said:

Yes indeed, some are selling in UK at those prices. A few sold for €140 a few weeks ago which seemed a good deal. The market may be ripe for a rerun in a year or two given the amount of quality IRM rolling stock now in circulation.

I would jump at a new run of 141/181s from Murphy. All of the ones I have been bidding for on ebay have gone out of reach quickly (I can't safely justify spending over €200 on a preowned model to the wife and expect to come away intact....)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Liam_Murph said:

I would jump at a new run of 141/181s from Murphy. All of the ones I have been bidding for on ebay have gone out of reach quickly (I can't safely justify spending over €200 on a preowned model to the wife and expect to come away intact....)

So would a good few others who missed out on one of the most ubiquitous and most sought after Irish models ever produced (ie got back into the hobby in the last 6-7 years). I can't see a re-run happening anytime soon unless it is an exact rerun done by Bachmann for MM, otherwise they may need a refresh to bring them up to 121 spec which would add significant cost (eg lights, speaker, grills, etc). Personally the 141/181s are my favourite models by a country mile and totally happy with them as they are. IMHO the MM baby GMs are the finest precision runners of any loco from any manufacturer I've ever seen so far. Its a bit of a job 1st time around for a newbie to fit a decoder and sound speaker, but after the first one its plain sailing (ie compared to popping open a body hatch to plug a decoder in to a chassis that already has a speaker). I've heard some folk spout a theory that they believe once the 121 hits the market early collectors of 141/181s may offload some 141/181s on the market which may bring the eBay prices back down to where they were 4-5 years ago (eg GBP£100). One retailer told me he had multiple customers buy up to four each each running number of the original runs when first released!!! Methinks, Why on earth?  Except perhaps hoping for a high future resale value based on what happened to the Lima 201s for a while before the pure MM 201s were released. Few layouts can stable that many locos anyway, if it can't run on the available track work, it can stay on a retailers shelf as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Liam_Murph said:

I've ran about 2 of mine the rest of Mine little collection. Yes they could be classed as Pre owned however never ran, never out the box, some are in the Tissue and are technically brand new. If you are stuck for one you got to pony up I'm Afraid.

A new run could possibly be up these at 190 quid now given the pricing these days.

9 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

I've ran about 2 of mine the rest of Mine little collection. Yes they could be classed as Pre owned however never ran, never out the box, some are in the Tissue and are technically brand new. If you are stuck for one you got to pony up I'm Afraid.

A new run could possibly be up these at 190 quid now given the pricing these days.

I could manage up to 190-200 like the 121s are from the likes of IRM. I just get priced out on ebay for the 141s once I have to factor in shipping costs to Finland which invariable adds another 20 sterling at least onto the price

• Like 1