29000 New Livery

Rate this topic

:puke:.... oh what have they done? its horrible! give me the old livery any day of the week and twice on Sunday. i think the green just does nothing for the appearence of the railcar. i remember saying similar when the grey 071's appeared but that grew on me quickly - this wont! they need to break the colour with a stripe down the side and get rid of the gloss finish.

I think it would have looked better with the dark green around the windows changed to black to disguise the glass (like the new 26,27,2800s ICR livery). I would also prefer if the main light green was changed a darker green. I really surprised about the front yellow section, I was expecting the same orange/yellow colour as the Grey 071s - instead we get a normal yellow with black outline which extends to high. So much for a common look. It would have been nice for all passenger services to be 1 shade of green and freight 1 shade of grey with a common yellow section at the front.

Would everyone just relax. Our railway system is now so boring any change is welcome. When a new paint scheme is chosen everyone is up in arms. The 71s got hammered when the Freight livery appeared, the 71s got hammered when the slate grey livery appeared. They are still the 71s. I think the 29s are the most horrendous things to ever run on our railways next to the Dutch vans and the NIR Castles ( my opinion ) but we are stuck with them and have to accept them so a bit of paint will have us all going out to photo them. Forget the past.

Edited by ak425

A visual of the changes I was mentioning above.

livery_zpsf0078ddf.png

1) a solid dark green to match the new flag logo, also in keeping with the solid grey colour the new 071s

2) a richer yellow colour for the (now smaller) front panel also in keeping with the 071s

3) a black colour disguising the windows like the livery on the 22, 26, 27 and 2800s.

What route do the 29000 work as I'm hoping to get down to take a few photo's of the new livery

They operate on all the lines out of Connolly. To Maynooth, M3 Parkway, Drogheda are the most frequent lines to see them. Most likely to see the new livery on the Drogheda line (its currently in the depot). According to a IE driver on Facebook its ''Still in bits on the inside though,engine and a gen down on her.''

Does anyone know when it due to start passenger service?

They operate on all the lines out of Connolly. To Maynooth, M3 Parkway, Drogheda are the most frequent lines to see them. Most likely to see the new livery on the Drogheda line (its currently in the depot). According to a IE driver on Facebook its ''Still in bits on the inside though,engine and a gen down on her.''

Does anyone know when it due to start passenger service?

Thanks for that not that far for me to Drogheda and theres alway a chance you get an 071 there as well.

I have to say, few if any of these ultra-advertising-agency liveries prevalent in GB do anything for me at all..... many (most?) are quite grotesque...

I rarely see a train over here and think "That looks nice".....

..there's an air of the supermarket about them, in general..

I like the livery itself, much better than that rotten old commuter livery. The yellow front could've been better but overall it's okay. It highlights at how little glass there is on the sides of these units though; a few small windows down the side. Don't strike me as particularly bright and airy.

Also agree about the modern British liveries, apart from GNER there were very little if any I liked. Virgin is okay but not much after that. The freight company liveries tend to be much better.