Emerald isle express

Rate this topic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's meant to be like the old GNR livery. For purists, the GNR version did not have blue above window level, nor a black line; it was blue below only. Also, the blue is Dublin RPSI blue, but the GNR shade was much darker and may be seen today on the Fintona Tram (of all things!) in the UFTM.

The old Belfast paint firm, Jamison & Green, hold the original spec for both the navy blue and the cream, as well as authentic UTA green. They supplied all three - and these are the only genuine Irish psi t specifications still held on file by any company.

The diner and bar have been treated as above, with the three "RPSI Blue" coaches remaining as they are. The genny was not repainted as it is due to come out of traffic once its companion is finished by the RPSI's Mullingar squad. This coach, another BR genny, will be the last RPSI coach to be treated in Mullingar, and will be turned out in blue.

That's a fantastic looking livery. It will look good with Merlin and Slieve Gullion. Will the GSV be out in blue anytime soon jhb171achill? Does anyone know what is happening on the Waterford to Cork leg of the railtour? Will there be a reversal into Limerick Junction off the Waterford/Limerick line?

Ah right, me too! :) I hope the mk2 livery and this livery becomes RPSIs standard livery as they look lovely! If the gatwicks ever get repainted I hope it's this livery....

Don't be so sure about a blue van, a slightly different plan may be afoot there :tumbsup:More details when a final decision is made

Superb livery choice, credit to all round - it has the "smell of money" about it, just what the Yanks are after! From a modelling point of view, it's much more straightforward than other blue and yellow one, though the 1" black line might be a tricky prospect with a lining pen....

*heads off to mix some blue paint...* :x

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15253[/ATTACH]

that's a stunning livery....more fun for our respraying talents!:rolleyes:

Lovely job - much better than the blue on the other Cravens. The inclusion of the RPSI crest is a nice touch. And the EVN has been correctly applied on the solebar, with the 4-digit running number it its usual positions under the windows

A second loco will be needed for the run from Cobh to Killarney so I'd imagine the current Cork pilot (215 :D ) will end up on the tour for the rest of the week. Will the railtour be coming into Colbert station on the journey from Killarney to Ennis and will the loco and coaches be in Ennis for the night?

A second loco will be needed for the run from Cobh to Killarney so I'd imagine the current Cork pilot (215 :D ) will end up on the tour for the rest of the week. Will the railtour be coming into Colbert station on the journey from Killarney to Ennis and will the loco and coaches be in Ennis for the night?

Its possible that the cork pilot may pull the train out to Cobh and the other loco will continue from there, I am not sure what the exact plan is.

The train has to go into Limerick to get to Ennis but I don't know if it will a simple run around or a loco swap. As far as I know the set will be stabled in Ennis overnight.

Omg, she is a beulity, who owns her??

Actually, Tony, I DO, and the 1,100 other folk who are members of the RPSI. As (I think it was) Niles who says later, we'd have a lot more nice coaches if more of you youngsters joined, smelt the paint and lent a hand!

There were sixty five of us at the inaugural meeting on 30 September 1964 and we formed this Society so that you, then unborn, guys could enjoy steam-hauled travel in the future. Mind you never in our wildest dreams that night would we have realised quite what we were unleashing. However, a lot of hard work, both engineering-wise, fundraising etc has ensured that we are still here now.

So, if you're not a member, come and join us.

Final comment, the coaches are a major transformation and a great credit to all concerned. Good luck Jim Deegan with your latest Enterprise!

Leslie

Actually, Tony, I DO, and the 1,100 other folk who are members of the RPSI. As (I think it was) Niles who says later, we'd have a lot more nice coaches if more of you youngsters joined, smelt the paint and lent a hand!

There were sixty five of us at the inaugural meeting on 30 September 1964 and we formed this Society so that you, then unborn, guys could enjoy steam-hauled travel in the future. Mind you never in our wildest dreams that night would we have realised quite what we were unleashing. However, a lot of hard work, both engineering-wise, fundraising etc has ensured that we are still here now.

So, if you're not a member, come and join us.

Final comment, the coaches are a major transformation and a great credit to all concerned. Good luck Jim Deegan with your latest Enterprise!

Leslie

I spend enough of my time volunteering at the only full size preserved railway in Downpatrick at The Downpatrick & County Down Railway when I can and have been for since November 2011, and I have busy helping with the Plasser USP 3000C ballast regulator No.315 and Plasser 07 type tamper No.07, and the signal cabin & on running days I usually stand at the platform doors ticket punching. I was there since 0700 to 1700 yesterday and 0900 to 1811 today, on other days I'm usually there from 0900 (0r 1130 if I miss the bus) to 1700.

Ps, I Peffer Desail & railcars to steam.

This post is not to offend anyone in anyone, sorry if it does.

Edited by tonybonneyba

a few interior carraige pictures for anybody interested

Fabulous. Great job RPSI. What First Class rail travel used to be like many many years ago! :) Much better than the soggie microwaved baps from a trolley with junk instant coffee in a paper cup on the Cork inter city nowadays.