Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one will go near my 071's. I dont even allow my parents to touch any of my models in case they drop it or something :ROFL: Here's the full track... room is just made for it! Gotta love blue tack as well... keeps the track sticked quite well! Sorry for going offtopic, cant wait to get the 071's and let it pull a nice beet train or cravens :)

A6D5CR4CAAAPrXO.jpg

A6D5CR4CAAAPrXO.jpg

Edited by irishrail123

The 071's have landed and are being sorted as we speak

All the 112's but only half of the 071/082's

The rest wont be here till second half of November

Dont know whether to post pics or not

Maybe leave some anticipation, nay excitement for the weekend

Official launch at midday on Saturday at the MRSI show

The locos appear to be a great price at 159.99 - is this only an online/special offer price, or will it be the regular price in the model shops? It is great value for such a detailed model. Will it be the freight and NIR liveries out first and are they expected in local model shops after the long weekend? Sorry about all the questions but would anyone also know the total cost in Euro of a 071/111 bought complete with sound chip and ready to growl? Thanks in advance.

Dont know anything about the €159.99 locos

RRP for these locos is €174.99

Some deals may be had at the show but not sure what they are

No sound available at the moment but there will be some DCC display at the Murphy Model stand

Have to post a pic, I cant hold me water!!!

071s-1.jpg

Spot the missing box P?

The Model Shop rang me this afternoon confirming the price of €159.99 for the first 3 071/111s only and it is a limited time offer. I was told that they didn't get their full allocation of deliveries and are looking after the pre-orders first. 082 and 112 with my name on them are getting sent out tomorrow.:banana: Should have them Tuesday, possibly Wednesday at the latest with the Bhol weekend.

May drop down to the show over the weekend and get 071 if there are any left as I can't wait now.

Edited by Railer

Points AND pints? Good call sir.

I'm up to my 'nads packing and prepping for tomorrow. A painted B&T Sulzer B109 will be there...

Looking forward to catching up with you tomorrow Des. I can't wait to see B109 in the flesh. A fully built and painted kit of the model will put it up there with the best. I've been watching it's devolpment since it's inception and it has come so far in such a quick time. Another 24 hours and 14 minutes to go.

Rich,

Looking forward to catching up with you tomorrow Des. I can't wait to see B109 in the flesh. A fully built and painted kit of the model will put it up there with the best. I've been watching it's devolpment since it's inception and it has come so far in such a quick time. Another 24 hours and 14 minutes to go.

Rich,

Did you buy the ill fated old Millennium clock for the big countdown to tomorrow Rich? :P

Did you buy the ill fated old Millennium clock for the big countdown to tomorrow Rich? :P

I know Fran I can't help it. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. The old man played a part in the construction of the Waterford Crystal Millenium ball that is in Time Square New York.

Rich,

Holding a 112 in my hand-I have to say the attention to detail is fantastic-the black and orange window farmes really leap out!!!! Well done Paddy!!!!:cool:

The prototype is a bulky loco Seamus, and the model seems to portray that look also. What year were they originally announced as a future product. I remember that PM made the announcement at the SDMRC and I can't be too sure whether it was 2009 or later.

Rich,

The prototype is a bulky loco Seamus, and the model seems to portray that look also. What year were they originally announced as a future product. I remember that PM made the announcement at the SDMRC and I can't be too sure whether it was 2009 or later.

Rich,

To the best of my memory they were first mooted late 2008