Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was passing that way a week ago Eamonn, on the road where the Currabaha level crossing was. It would all make a hell of a model including the viaduct.

Rich,

It would make a splendid model with the railway soaring across the town just about dooable in OO Johnnie Walker of the Wexford Club and more recently Brian McCann built a couple of inspirational layouts featuring railway and village scenes from the South East.

It looks like the station layout was more extensive in Boat Train days with the passing loop extending out onto the viaduct at the Western end of the station and a cattle bank serving the Fair Green. http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,639405,606320,7,9.

If you had room for it a double deck twice around the room layout following operating American practice arranging crossings and shunting at several stations and yards would be interesting. Perhaps Carrolls Cross with its quarry, Kilmacthomas with the viaduct and village scene Durrow with its tunnel and Ballyvoyle Viaduct, with a double ended fiddle yard representing the rest of the system would keep a man busy for many years.

At this very minute, all of the 111s are in Derry partaking in the heavy engineering works from Colraine to Derry. Still, ti's a very rare sight.

No not them all just just 111 & 113 are up in Londonderry , 112 is in Belfast it was used last night to haul the VMT which failed at Central station and 112 hauled it to York Road depot

If modelling in this area of the country it would be a good idea to try and have a talk with Jack Kennedy if you get the opportunity as his knowledge of the area is limitless.

Rich,

Jack Kennedy good to hear he is still with us! I first met Jack in the Southern Model Railways Shop in the Grafton Arcade, I won't say how many moons ago :) Very encouraging brilliant stories about the railway he even gave me a a load of photos free gratis, a true Gentleman

I would say that those screws are for the footplate and the body pulls of like the 141/181's and the footplate stays attached to the chassis.

Could be Anthony. It would be nice if they were a one piece moulding like some US models. I've seen some 141-181 models with broken handrails from removing the bodies from the chassis and footplate.

Rich,

Could be Anthony. It would be nice if they were a one piece moulding like some US models. I've seen some 141-181 models with broken handrails from removing the bodies from the chassis and footplate.

Rich,

Body removal via 4 screws which are located (2 each) at the end of the bogies. Appears to be a single moulding-you can understand that I did not pull a preproduction model apart!!!!

Thank you very much Seamus for taking time out to have a look at the model. The very fact that there are people who remove the body for DCC decoder (sound) fitting or changing or installing LED's it makes a huge difference. It is also very important for the lads that provide weathering and respraying services (all to a great standard) on here.

I totally agree with Seamus (Heir Flick) about the gap between cab and chassis on the babies once the cab is removed. I had to do some filing and sanding myself with one, but thankfully it looks spot on now. I really hope that the cab chevrons on the IR - IE locos are corrected before release, and that the IE logos are the correct size on the bonnets of the models. I cant wait for the models to be available to buy especially 112.

Rich,

Yea, but looking at the videos and photos, you'd -have- to have the pullman too!!!

Maybe we need to start a lotto syndicate :)

Just realised the next Genesis SD70ACe heritage livery is due out in mid October too and I have my name down for one. I need a proper job! Anyone want to buy a kidney?

So less than a month to go and I'm sure most of us are getting pretty excited. The Bachmann Blue Pullman is also due the end of the month, giving me an awful quagmire. How do I afford both!?!

Probably the most requested BR model on wish lists ever. It looks like a winner from the pre production shots.

Rich,