Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as far as I know Rich

No standard Galway coaches, just EGV & Reataurant

Thanks Dave for that quick reply. A nice mix of Galway and IE coaches will make for an interesting formation as the Galways didn't stay in a fixed rake for all of their service.

Rich,

Thanks Dave for that quick reply. A nice mix of Galway and IE coaches will make for an interesting formation as the Galways didn't stay in a fixed rake for all of their service.

Rich,

Yeah you would often see one or two galways sticking out in a rake of ie mk2s :) more prototypical.

Murphy Models Class 071 Locomotives

Murphy Models Class 071, probably the most eagerly awaited model locomotives to hit the Irish Market now available to pre-order on http://www.themodelshop.ie

We also offer a "savings club" facility for this exciting Launch-contact: info@themodelshop.ie or phone 057 8621081 for more details.

The first 3 locos will be available in October 2012 and will consist of : No 071 (Class Leader) in CIE Supertrain Livery

No 082 in IE Freight Livery (Black & Silver)

No 112 in NIR Livery

Further releases are planned for Christmas 2012 and early 2013

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me is no 084 a different livery than the standard orange 071's or is it to do with the weathering?

084 is just very weathered, looking back at the 141/181/071s they seemed to get different shades of orange depending when they were repainted, some got dayglow red panels and others did not. I haven't seen 084 in few weeks now since it came off the taras after having to rescue 086 which failed on another tara link.

Here is a photo I got of it back in May I think, at Clontarf Road.

IMAG0015.jpg

Edited by Railer

084 is just very weathered, looking back at the 141/181/071s they seemed to get different shades of orange depending when they were repainted, some got dayglow red panels and others did not. I haven't seen 084 in few weeks now since it came off the taras after having to rescue 086 which failed on another tara link.

Here is a photo I got of it back in May I think, at Clontarf Road.

IMAG0015.jpg

Excellent, some weathering will be in order then:D

I saw - and handled - the pre-production one courtesy of the Train Man a couple of weeks ago - haven't washed my hands since....

jesus broithe, the hands will be rotten by october!!! love the nir livery pic! better start...i mean be more loving to the good missus to get some brownie points before the model--or models arrive!:rolleyes:

Guest hidden-agenda
They'll be OK. I usually only wash them every four months anyway, whether they need it or not..

You could have a skin graft and flog them on ebay.

Just wondering,were the windows taken from withdrawn 141/181 locos

hence the IE window on 112?.amazing detail differences in that respect.

Eamonn-that's very possible that 112 got the cab side windows off a 141 class loco,

I remember 112 working the Ballina branch Cravens set in 2004-and i see from an IRRS journal that loco 158 was cut up at Inchicore in March 2003-so its possible that 112 has 158's cab side windows.

Most withdrawals of 141/181's seem to have taken place from 2006 onwards.

Eamonn-that's very possible that 112 got the cab side windows off a 141 class loco,

I remember 112 working the Ballina branch Cravens set in 2004-and i see from an IRRS journal that loco 158 was cut up at Inchicore in March 2003-so its possible that 112 has 158's cab side windows.

Most withdrawals of 141/181's seem to have taken place from 2006 onwards.

Thanks for that info Noel,and indeed aren't. IE still

doing all major work on NIR locos.

112 got a good going over while it was in IE hands, that's why it has the new marker lights that 111 and 113 still do not have. 111 and 113 were at Inchicore a few years ago (around 2009/10 I think) getting some work done as the lads at York Road were having trouble maintaining them at the time. When 112 was handed back to NIR it didn't last long in service and was out of action for a while at York Road but while it was with IE it was the best serving loco with the least amount of failures per miles worked and it worked some of the heaviest beat trains at the time.