Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on 071 Class Number Changes and delivery dates. Please note the following changes:-

MM0071 becomes MM0088 (CIE Supertrain livery)

MM0072 becomes MM0071 (IE Blk/Sil livery)

The first 3 items due are CIE MM0088, IE Freight MM0082 & NIR MM0112. Late Oct.

The second 3 items are IE MM0077, IE MM0085(weathered), IE Freight MM0071. Early Dec.

The third tranche due Jan/Feb 2013, CIE MM0086sa, IR MM0080, IE(small logo) MM0078, IR MM0073(weathered).

For all those who have pre-ordered 071 in Supertrain livery, we will transfer these orders to 088 which now becomes the supertrain livery. We would ask customers who do not wish for this to contact us soonest: info@themodelshop.ie or 057 8621081.

Top answers Eamonn and Snapper. You're more than just pretty faces. I try not to judge anything too harshly until I have them in hand and cash has been exchanged but I like those IR and NIR liveried locos, yet I am sticking to the IE era in the early to later 2000's, so the IR loco is a no go.

Rich,

Top answers Eamonn and Snapper. You're more than just pretty faces. I try not to judge anything too harshly until I have them in hand and cash has been exchanged but I like those IR and NIR liveried locos, yet I am sticking to the IE era in the early to later 2000's, so the IR loco is a no go.

Rich,

I try to keep it to the IR and IE era but any CIE livery gets me

back to the late 70s and early 80s on the Rosslare line and countless

hours at Enniscorthy Station looking at trains.The good old days.

Bah, no competition there lad!! Three 071's per 201 is a healthy ratio!

I like my 201's but they are soulless blocks in comparison to the 071 beauty!

I know, but the 201s are my favourite loco! I still don't know what livery to get :( I was planning on getting the IE freight livery so as to make it not TOO orange but that IE livery looks absolutely gorgeous! AND, to make things even more difficult, I can get the NIR one too! How many are yous all getting?

I try to keep it to the IR and IE era but any CIE livery gets me

back to the late 70s and early 80s on the Rosslare line and countless

hours at Enniscorthy Station looking at trains.The good old days.

112 came back to NIR on the 1.6.2008

Link to a couple of photos of her running light engine back to Belfast on the 1.6.2008

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/24546674_xDxr8Z#!i=2004467915&k=TWrFH5M

if someone here takes the mother-in-law off my hands i could afford the lot!!! i think having the lima 201's for so long, the novelty of the new ones has worn off!...thats not taking from them, they are a superbly detailed machine and all credit to paddy murphy.....but as ye say the 071 are the bogs wobbly bits! i hope we all get as excited when the 121's (the little beauts!) are announced:)

Have to say I'll be even more excited when the 121's are announced & we get the pre-production shots - that's not to say I don't absolutely love the 071!

oh... the thoughts of 2 121's double headding a freight train............makes the mouth water qoucker than a pint of guinness!.

Yep! The 121s are lovely locomotives but the 071s are my favourite. I'm not a fan of the 201s so I didn't get any so I've been patiently waiting for the 071s to come along. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Also, I've noticed that there's a yellow band around the top of the Silver and Black liveried 071s, is that just a stripe or a strip of metal which has some function?