Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

Didn't someone on here say that they were talking to Paddy and the 121 was postponed indefinitely?

Have to say I'll be even more excited when the 121's are announced & we get the pre-production shots - that's not to say I don't absolutely love the 071!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sound fitted and slightly weathered Super-train liveried 071 will be top of my list along with an IE orange/IR version and of course 112,and maybe later a black and silver 071-I'll make up my mind when I see the photos of that livery.

A 121 working in multiple with a 141 on my fertliser or ammonia trains would be the icing on the cake for me in the future along with a Super-train liveried highly detailed 001 class-(I hope your reading this Mr Murphy)......

A sound fitted and slightly weathered Super-train liveried 071 will be top of my list along with an IE orange/IR version and of course 112,and maybe later a black and silver 071-I'll make up my mind when I see the photos of that livery.

A 121 working in multiple with a 141 on my fertliser or ammonia trains would be the icing on the cake for me in the future along with a Super-train liveried highly detailed 001 class-(I hope your reading this Mr Murphy)......

Now Noel you know when you get one 071 you will have

to get them all,just like the Pokemon.

Lads I noticed on the MM website the 071 is said to be made by Bachmann

Irish Rail Class 071 Loco in CIE Supertrain, IR, IE, IE Frieght, & NIR liveries including weathered versions (Bachmann). Coming October 2012

(From MM website)

I thought it was being made by a different company??

Lads I noticed on the MM website the 071 is said to be made by Bachmann

Irish Rail Class 071 Loco in CIE Supertrain, IR, IE, IE Frieght, & NIR liveries including weathered versions (Bachmann). Coming October 2012

(From MM website)

I thought it was being made by a different company??

Don't go opening that can of worms again =))

I hope so too! :tumbsup:

By the sounds of things Bachmann is the OEM(original equipment manufacturer). A bit like the way the opel vivaro van is really a renault. So, from the point of view of quality and design it might as well be bachmann. I don't think it would say bachmann on the website if the bachmann company was not involved.

By the sounds of things Bachmann is the OEM(original equipment manufacturer). A bit like the way the opel vivaro van is really a renault. So, from the point of view of quality and design it might as well be bachmann. I don't think it would say bachmann on the website if the bachmann company was not involved.

David

This has been spoken of here before

Read the box.

Murphy Models!

Bachmann have played no hand act or part in the production of these locos.

I don't think Bachmann would print "Nil se oiraunach do phaisti faoi 14 bliana d'aois." on their boxes would you?

David

This has been spoken of here before

Read the box.

Murphy Models!

Bachmann have played no hand act or part in the production of these locos.

I don't think Bachmann would print "Nil se oiraunach do phaisti faoi 14 bliana d'aois." on their boxes would you?

Bachmann will print purple spots on the box if Paddy Murphy asked them to. If Bachmann have played no part in the production of these models then why is bachmann credited on murphy models website? BTW, as far as I'm aware, murphy models does not have either a factory or manufacturing staff. The debate on the manufacturer relates to the build quality of the locomotive model itself and since it is made by the people who make bachmann models and made in the factory that bachmann models are made in then it is indeed a bachmann loco(I'm not arguing with you over who makes the box!)

Can you show us the box? ;)

http://www.murphymodels.com/Models.html

Edited by David

Bachmann will print purple spots on the box if Paddy Murphy asked them to. If Bachmann have played no part in the production of these models then why is bachmann credited on murphy models website? BTW, as far as I'm aware, murphy models does not have either a factory or manufacturing staff. The debate on the manufacturer relates to the build quality of the locomotive model itself and since it is made by the people who make bachmann models and made in the factory that bachmann models are made in then it is indeed a bachmann loco(I'm not arguing with you over who makes the box!)

Can you show us the box? ;)

http://www.murphymodels.com/Models.html

Just because MM is using the company that makes Bachmann's models does'nt make the 071 a Bachmann product.

Kader actually owns Bachmann, they bought the company in the 80's. It could well have been Kader's decision not to include Bachmann.

Just because MM is using the company that makes Bachmann's models does'nt make the 071 a Bachmann product.

Kader actually owns Bachmann, they bought the company in the 80's. It could well have been Kader's decision not to include Bachmann.

Did you look at the link before posting? Murphy Models' own website credits bachmann with building the loco.

Looks like the message from Bachmann needs repeating. The following was publishes on RMWeb.

From Dennis Lovett at Bachmann Europe

I am circulating this email to everyone as there is some confusion over Murphy Models locomotives and rolling stock being described as Bachmann by some of the press and by retailers.

Whilst Bachmann did produce some of the initial models for our good friend Paddy Murphy of Murphy Models (Class 141/171 and Mark 2 coaches) under the Bachmann brand - the latest models are not Bachmann products.

The Class 071 is being produced for Murphy Models by Kader Holdings, Murphy being an OEM (original equipment manufacturing) customer of Kader Holdings and dealing with the factory directly.

The Class 201 is neither a Kader or a Bachmann product.

Needless to say we get customer enquiries which should be directed to Murphy Models via their website at www.murphymodels.com

I hope this will clarify matters.

Could be. Either way the whole debate over who makes it relates to the quality of the model(loco, not box). Made in bachmann factory by bachmann people=bachmann quality. Other than the quality of the model it makes no difference where it's made.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2136[/ATTACH]

This was posted in the last couple of days. Clearly Bachmann said that as a fob off to get people to annoy MM instead of them. Paddy Murphy is not making these is his shed out the back.

A fob off?! What planet are you on? Why would Bachmann want to "fob off" potential buyers of a product that they are producing?

Lads, what difference does it make? As long as the fella taking the chassis out of the machine/soldering the doo-hickey to the thingemybob/ pouring the orange paint into the printer/ ticks the Q&A box on his clipboard is the same fella who's been doing it for years for the "manufacturer", we're in safe hands.

http://www.kader.com.hk/our_business/manufacturing_services.html

If it said Kader Holdings HO Scale American GM 071, I'd still buy one.

Richie.

A fob off?! What planet are you on? Why would Bachmann want to "fob off" potential buyers of a product that they are producing?

That's a bit harsh! I just suggested why bachmann would say that. Maybe not a fob off but more a re-direction of enquiries. And the people contacting bachmann are not potential buyers of the product from bachmann they are potential buyers of the product from murphy models. Murphy models is bachmann's customer for all of the models produced.

It doesn't make any difference to me. I only made the point that it's stated on the MM site.

That's a bit harsh! I just suggested why bachmann would say that. Maybe not a fob off but more a re-direction of enquiries. And the people contacting bachmann are not potential buyers of the product from bachmann they are potential buyers of the product from murphy models. Murphy models is bachmann's customer for all of the models produced.

It doesn't make any difference to me. I only made the point that it's stated on the MM site.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, man. Not my intent!

Just pointing out that it does'nt make sense.