Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be. Either way the whole debate over who makes it relates to the quality of the model(loco, not box). Made in bachmann factory by bachmann people=bachmann quality. Other than the quality of the model it makes no difference where it's made.

There is no Bachmann factory

Bachmann do not make anything

The reference to Bachmann on the MM site was an error, it will be removed in the next few days

Bachmann is an OEM of Kader, same as Murphy Models

It actually does make a difference in that MM now owns the tooling, unlike when Lima produced the 201's and did not give the rights of the tooling to MM

Does it really matter who produces the 071? I'm very happy with the quality of the 141/181 models I have, they're little beauties and run very smoothly. Like some of you, I'd have concerns about the quality of the product I'm buying, however, I've two left hands and I'm only too delighted that there are ready to run models of Irish rolling stock for me to purchase.

• 1 month later...

Just spotted a notice from Hattons:

Murphy Models MM0112 Irish Class 071/111 diesel locomotive "Northern Counties" in NIR blue livery (as on loan to IE) £125.00

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Thursday 1st November 2012

Whilst we are hopeful this information is accurate, manufacturer lead times are frequently prone to be delayed. This information is to be used as a guide only.

We hope that this email has been useful.

Hi Guys,

Have just received a notice from Hatton's that they have been advised delivery of NIR # 071/111 loco on 1st November and IE 071 in Black & Silver on 1st December both at £125.

However, they also say " Whilst we are hopeful this information is accurate, manufacturer lead times are frequently prone to be delayed. This information is to be used as a guide only."

As stated previously Graham early December

Depends on a few things falling into place but fingers crossed

If not definitely late Jan early Feb

In the meantime there should be 2 releases of Mk 2 coaches

2 X Black roofed standards and another Orange one

Galway EGV & Restaurant, Whereas they will run with the older Lima Galway’s, the roof profile will be different to name one thing

Still though let’s wait for them and see what the story is.