Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember the hornby blue pullman set when i first took an interest in trains when iwas a nipper. even back then it was an impressive set!

I see Shem you have been upgraded to a Guru status,well

may I be the first to say well done to you on your fantastic

achievement.Now tell us oh wise one what the future holds

for Irish modelrailways.

ah eamonn...you mere mortal! i forsee great poverty amongst us modellers. many of us shall be abondaned by our loved ones and we shall all turn into alcoholics, that is if we dont loose our sanity first!!

other than that things can only go from strength to strength...... 071 comming, loads of freight stock becomming available, hopefully the 121 class will become a reality. on the steam front there is 'maeve', and that 'banon tank' looks more beautiful every time i see a pic of her...new signals....i could go on all night but the most important for me is that hopefully next week my new layout starts taking shape! :)

The Bachmann 'Blue Pullman' is reviewed in the November issue of Model Rail and it certainly looks like a superb model. Cost £349.95 or approx €436. Not too expensive when you consider that one gets six vehicles, with both the driving cars being powered. The Model Rail reviewers give it a 98% rating.

The Bachmann 'Blue Pullman' is reviewed in the November issue of Model Rail and it certainly looks like a superb model. Cost £349.95 or approx €436. Not too expensive when you consider that one gets six vehicles, with both the driving cars being powered. The Model Rail reviewers give it a 98% rating.

Both drivers powered?

Give me strength. Beyond awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a quick fix that was only fitted recently Rob. When you compare the loco in photos since it was painted into the freight livery the door was silver. Some of the class have orange horns now and one of the class has a black door or doors. I hope that the numbers will be corrected on the cab side, and large cab side IE logos before release on 071 and 082.

NIR 112 spent some time on loan to IE and was fitted with sliding window parts from one of the locos in the 151-159 series, it was used all over the network on freight and passenger workings. It was also fitted with led marker lights. 111 and 113 still have the original marker lights as fitted during production by GM. The fact that 112 has these modifications on the model makes it more prototypically correct for NIR and IE modellers, which would make it a candidate for being a popular model and good seller. From what I have seen of the painted models in photographs so far it steals the show.

Rich,

Early December is the latest update. They can take as long as they want so they get the little things right and not rush it with silly mistakes that should not be missed in my book.

082 and 112 are my Christmas presents to myself this year.

Edited by Railer

Early December is the latest update. They can take as long as they want so they get the little things right and not rush it with silly mistakes that should not be missed in my book.

082 and 112 are my Christmas presents to myself this year.

Not sure where you heard that? First lot due end of this month.

That's what I heard too Fran. I am sure that one of the retailers or Dave would be in the know about that before anyone. I'd be interested to know where Railer got his information.

Rich,

I got it from one of Dave's replies in this very thread. Unless I took it up wrong. Someone was asking about the Supertrain 071s and Dave replied that it would be in early December. I understood that Supertrain, 082 Freight and 112 would be released together unless this is not now the case and 082 and 112 are out first and the Supertrain later on?

Edited by Railer

I understood that Supertrain, 082 Freight and 112 would be released together....

That's my understanding too, however what Hatton's are saying, 112, 082, and 088 Supertrain will be released together at the end of this month/beginning of next. Though I would guess that regarding timing we're at the mercy of the shipping schedules on the high seas more than anything.

-Rob

Class leader 071 or 072 will be in freight as far as I know. 071 was ment to be in Supertrain but it's now 088. There are pre-production samples of 072 in IE freight but I believe that has now given way to 071 as that is what a few online retailers have 071 listed as.

Edited by Railer