wow this is a lot of stock

Rate this topic

Junctionmad

just came across this

http://irishmodeltrains.webs.com

wow , thats a lot of stock , is this person on IRM ?

You've either been sneaking a peek at Dave's, wrenneire, or Noel's, River Shannon's attic's, but even so I do think I seen that site before, like a couple of 3 years ago, & not just on this site ! I also believe the owner is living on this Island !

The main reason I was asking , is whats the point of such vast amounts of stock. I mean it will never for on any layout, and so collectors ( I apologise as I dont understand that mentality ) just want large volume of stuff as opposed to " one of everything "

The main reason I was asking ' date=' is whats the point of such vast amounts of stock. I mean it will never for on any layout, and so collectors ( I apologise as I dont understand that mentality ) just want large volume of stuff as opposed to " one of everything "[/quote']

People are as passionate about areas like collecting as you are about signalling for instance. The hobby offers different things for everyone. And while you may not understand that facet you'd be well served to understand that this hobby is a broad church.

People are as passionate about areas like collecting as you are about signalling for instance. The hobby offers different things for everyone. And while you may not understand that facet you'd be well served to understand that this hobby is a broad church.

indeed, all would be true, if I ever stepped inside churches ;), is a broad church rather like a broad gauge !

interstingly no freight stock as far as I can see. I wonder why not

Totals from website

Total Quantity of Irish Locos 210

Total Quantity of Irish Carriages 718

Total Quantity of Irish Wagons 280

Totals from website

So at a very rough estimate...

no. price subtotal

loco 210 130 27300

carriage 718 50 35900

wagon 280 50 14000

Gross Total €77,200 ....... Wowza!

Edited by Weshty

Judging by the stock he has it dos'nt seem to have had much effect on this guy, depending of course on your point of view. !!

He can have all the stock he likes, all the websites he likes and if that makes him happy then that's fine. However, his conduct on here towards other members and possessing multiple accounts for trolling purposes means that he is not welcome here. Simple as that.

He can have all the stock he likes, all the websites he likes and if that makes him happy then that's fine. However, his conduct on here towards other members and possessing multiple accounts for trolling purposes means that he is not welcome here. Simple as that.

So where do's one get their paws on Murphys preproduction models !!!

I think some are at work in this thread! You'd think he'd be bored of it at this stage, but alas not.

What do you mean? I don't understand :confused:

Totals from website

So should we be happy that he's supporting MM advancing to the next model (potentially) or unhappy that much stock has been sequestered into a private collection?

Edited by DiveController

What do you mean? I don't understand :confused:

He must be bored of registering as a different user, getting caught, and banned.

So should we be happy that he's supporting MM advancing to the next model (potentially) or unhappy that much stock has been sequestered into a private collection?

Our collective state of happiness, I submit, is not regulated by the stock in that collection.....

He must be bored of registering as a different user, getting caught, and banned.

The mysterious 'user' from the past must have been an issue before I joined the forum last year. Not sure I understand, and by the sounds of it don't need to understand water already under the bridge. IMHO, this forum is well managed and the moderation policy is spot on.

TedConfused.jpg