Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

• 2 weeks later...
Nice video Kieran,the MED is looking good.One question,where did you get your etched number for the WT.I am looking foe an etched number 6,as this was one of the few loco's to receive the NIR logo and retain the original coal bunker.

I have got all mine (including No6) from Guilplates (Gareth Floyd) ; Note that you have to cut them, using either the very neat Tamiya scissors or a small tinsnip type of cutter. Unlike some other suppliers they are very reliable. As they've done 6 before, the plates will probably cost less and be delivered quite quickly.

32 Wodeland Avenue, Guildford, Surrey , GU2 4JZ

Telephone: 01483 565980/563156

Plates of 4mm./1ft or less have to be cut out by the customer from 10 thou material. All others are hand cut and ready to apply. As our list is constantly expanding it is best to ring for a quote in OFFICE HOURS, 9-5.30, MON-FRIDAY. For this reason we have no website.

Colm

I have got all mine (including No6) from Guilplates (Gareth Floyd) ; Note that you have to cut them, using either the very neat Tamiya scissors or a small tinsnip type of cutter. Unlike some other suppliers they are very reliable. As they've done 6 before, the plates will probably cost less and be delivered quite quickly.

32 Wodeland Avenue, Guildford, Surrey , GU2 4JZ

Telephone: 01483 565980/563156

Plates of 4mm./1ft or less have to be cut out by the customer from 10 thou material. All others are hand cut and ready to apply. As our list is constantly expanding it is best to ring for a quote in OFFICE HOURS, 9-5.30, MON-FRIDAY. For this reason we have no website.

Colm

Thanks Colm , I will give them a try

Kieran

Brings back childhood seaside memories of dark green trains without an engine at the front speeding across the viaduct at Gormonstown all that's missing is the Tourist Train with its big blue steam loco and smoke deflectors, it was never the same after the summer of 65?

John, isn't it this draw behind railway modelling, the yearn to revisit what is gone but not forgotten.

It's what I love seeing photos of local stations with the freight areas all a bustle. You can reopen old lines, but can't really recapture that time when stations were an absolutely integral part of the local community and economy.

It's what I love seeing photos of local stations with the freight areas all a bustle. You can reopen old lines, but can't really recapture that time when stations were an absolutely integral part of the local community and economy.

...and not only that - there was no such thing as health and safety, which ment that we as nippers could walk just about anywhere in the stations and the yards. manys the time i'd stand watching locos shunting or the cutters at work on the scrap line in mullingar.....great memories!

• 3 weeks later...
I have tried, not very successfully, to video and control train movements at the same time and fallen between two stools. My camera kept dying mid shot hence the rapid cuts between scenes. Apologies for the poor quality.
You jest. a thing of beauty if ever there was.

Quality? You has it. In buckets and spades.

• 4 weeks later...