Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

I was very disappointed when 071 Class No. 071 came out in Black & Silver livery.

As I did not trust my skills at redoing 071 I went to Anthony (the Weathering Guru ) with 071 and 073. In return I got my 071 in Orange and Black plus a Freight liveried 081 plus some weathering - well you could not go to Anthony without some weathering. Delighted with the results.

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the layout looks suburb. The station is a work of art. Love that A-class as well lovely detail on it. The bubbles look great but I think they need one last light dusting of the airbrush to knock back the cream patches as there a bit over powering. Well done keep the images coming.

I think they need one last light dusting of the airbrush to knock back the cream patches as there a bit over powering. .

Thanks Scahalane, I followed your advice and toned down the Cement Ivory paint colour. Also thanks for all the kind comments. Here's a picture of all my Cement bubbles with the MIR's being the lighter coloured ones.

IMG_0664.jpg

A video of A Class No. 012 with a rake of Beet Wagons. The Wagons are brand new and have not seen a Sugar Beet yet. Again the double motor bogie A Class has no difficulty in pulling this long rake.

Also a quick glimpse of a C Class No. 230.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been ages since I did any work on the layout. The building of the Class 80 set has taken up all my time but I've set it aside to do some bits and pieces. Things like adding ballast and fixing trees are things you won't notice but the addition of signals really makes an impact to the overall look.

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

Three were SSM kits and the others were Glenderg's own, they are just too fiddly for me to make a job of them.

Tidy up continues at Kirley Junction. Added shelves for storage underneath the layout, touched up ballast and added some plaster bandage to bring together the top and bottom part of the layout.

P1020014.JPG

P1020015.JPG

P1020016.JPG

P1020017.JPG

Lots and lots of small jobs still to do.