Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you GM171 for your great video (see http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/3618-Irish-Rail-Spoil-Wagons), I hope you don't mind me borrowing some shots from it.

Spoils%20at%20Clonmel.JPG

Spoils%20at%20Clonmel%202.JPG

Well here my recreation of that scene. I did not go as far as to dig up my track but I hope you get the general idea.

IMG_3805.JPG

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3807.JPG

IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

The Spoils are just out of the factory and very very clean. Another job to do!

Edited by Kirley

201 Enterprise locos, 207, 233 & 208 outside the Shed. 207 & 208 underwent major surgery. Both had replacement chassis from Bachmann Class 66's.

They also benefited from Weshty's window frames and light clusters. Also some under frame work to get the 'boxes' looking right.

IMG_3814.JPG

IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

IMG_3818.JPG

It took a lot of work to get the Class 66 lights to line up with the Lima 201's but got there in the end.

Now they can compete in running with MM's 233.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Barrier Wagons on a test run with 023 providing the power.

They look really well. Forgive my ignorance of modern freight stock, but what are barrier wagons used for? Are they like the last wagons on chemical trains such as ammonia, etc, for safety in the event of an accident or derailment?

They look really well. Forgive my ignorance of modern freight stock, but what are barrier wagons used for? Are they like the last wagons on chemical trains such as ammonia, etc, for safety in the event of an accident or derailment?

They are, as you suggest, used to separate the 'dangerous' elements of the train.

The term is also sometimes used to describe a vehicle with different couplers at each end - used to enable coupling of vehicles with different couplers.

They are, as you suggest, used to separate the 'dangerous' elements of the train.

The term is also sometimes used to describe a vehicle with different couplers at each end - used to enable coupling of vehicles with different couplers.

Thanks Broithe.

PS: Kirley, the layout looks great