Ballyercall (New Irish Layout

Rate this topic

NIRCLASS80

1 hour ago, ttc0169 said:

Fantastic scene, well done-I love your weathering on the bogies and fuel tank of 183 , its spot on :tumbsup:

Thanks for you comment and praise but, Actually I haven’t done any additional weathering to 183!  This model is one of the original factory weathered models by Murphy. What I done then was to take a rag with a drop of Isopropyl Alcohol on it and rub away the weathering until I achieved a result that I am happy with. 

• Informative 1

This is a fabulous layout. The bullhead track and large radius turnouts greatly add to the overall impression. 

It is clearly a long layout. What are the dimensions of the baseboard modules?

Secondly your films are great to watch and listen to, which sound decoders and sound files have you used?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TimO said:

This is a fabulous layout. The bullhead track and large radius turnouts greatly add to the overall impression. 

It is clearly a long layout. What are the dimensions of the baseboard modules?

Secondly your films are great to watch and listen to, which sound decoders and sound files have you used?

Firstly thanks for your comments. 

The scenic part is only approximately 15foot by 18inches. It is in 5foot modules after learning a lesson of having to destroy a previous layout due to a house move. 

The sound decoders are all ESU V4 and V5 with my own soundfiles created through free downloads from the ESU website. 

3 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

A great bit of film ! Just a quick question what no. kaydees are fitted ?

thanks

Robert 

Number 19 Kadees.  Thanks for your interest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Edo said:

That Peco 75 bullhead track gets better everytime I see it.....its got a wonderful sinuous quality that works really well.

The bullhead track by Peco is great but if you are going to use it, follow the wire modification to the points explained on the RMweb forum. 

• Informative 1