Ballyercall (New Irish Layout

Rate this topic

NIRCLASS80

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

A real rolling advert for IRM, just missing a ballast or three!  Thanks for showing.

Robert 

You forgot the Tara’s!😂

This Liner was just put together for a demonstration of how spoiled for choice we are for wagons with in the last few years and of coarse the marvellous locomotives by Murphy Models. 

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

You forgot the Tara’s!😂

This Liner was just put together for a demonstration of how spoiled for choice we are for wagons with in the last few years and of coarse the marvellous locomotives by Murphy Models. 

Yes , sorry , must try harder !    Hopefully in a few years a class 80 might rub  shoulders with the 205 ..

Robert  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

You forgot the Tara’s!😂

Liner looks well,

When the real fertilizer wagons were in operation, they were always marshalled next to the locomotive when laden,with the bogie containers next then bogie Guinness and two axle wagons after that.

It was generally the same when the wagons were returned empty to North wall.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

Liner looks well,

When the real fertilizer wagons were in operation, they were always marshalled next to the locomotive when laden,with the bogie containers next then bogie Guinness and two axle wagons after that.

It was generally the same when the wagons were returned empty to North wall.

It was just lashed together to show the great wagons we as modellers of the Irish scene take for granted now!😁

10 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Hard to tell in artificial light, but the grey's not bad.... I think there would be a grey band above window level too - the blue right up to the cantrail seems to have appeared when the turquoise band replaced the "bumblebee" mid-waist lining.

Very nice job you've done.

Your right. I forgot the grey band. Back to the airbrushing tomorrow!😂😂😂

• Funny 1

You have done a superb paint job there. Unfortunately, there are one or two errors, including JHB's observation about the gray band above the windows. Another omission is the black band along the bottom of the side in line with the step recesses.

My third observation is the ends of the roof, which should be roof colour down to a line on the coach end in line with the gutters. The coach you have used is the earlier Mk 2/2a, none of which were ever used by NIR. NIR used the Mk 2b/2c which were different. The Mk2b/2c had an extension of the gutters round the coach end to the gangway. This was needed due to the 'wrap round' doors fitted to the Mk 2b/2c. The Mk2/2a had traditional doors fitted, and gutters were not fitted to the ends. This can be seen on some RPSI coaching stock of Mk2/2a design, obtained direct from BR sources, where the roof colour is carried down to where the gutters would be on the Mk 2b/2c.      

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dhu Varren said:

You have done a superb paint job there. Unfortunately, there are one or two errors, including JHB's observation about the gray band above the windows. Another omission is the black band along the bottom of the side in line with the step recesses.

My third observation is the ends of the roof, which should be roof colour down to a line on the coach end in line with the gutters. The coach you have used is the earlier Mk 2/2a, none of which were ever used by NIR. NIR used the Mk 2b/2c which were different. The Mk2b/2c had an extension of the gutters round the coach end to the gangway. This was needed due to the 'wrap round' doors fitted to the Mk 2b/2c. The Mk2/2a had traditional doors fitted, and gutters were not fitted to the ends. This can be seen on some RPSI coaching stock of Mk2/2a design, obtained direct from BR sources, where the roof colour is carried down to where the gutters would be on the Mk 2b/2c.      

Thanks. Yeah I am well aware of the coach type not running on NIR but it’s more about representation of a train than a accurate model. 

Added the stripe above the windows. 

ECBEAEF5-BA0D-40F9-86F2-7DB4E821735E.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Oooh! love to see the NI post '1988? Intercity coach

If its the livery of the leading brake coach you're referring to, I always associate it with the 80 Class but I often forget that of course the Mk2s got the scheme as well. 

Looks great regardless, one of the more photogenic liveries in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, hexagon789 said:

If its the livery of the leading brake coach you're referring to, I always associate it with the 80 Class but I often forget that of course the Mk2s got the scheme as well. 

Looks great regardless, one of the more photogenic liveries in my opinion.

Actually, I meant the second coach which has the updated blued stripe livery. Alway thought the earlier version and that one with its tippex edge looked really well. It's actually hard to reproduce it well on a model. I think @Dhu Varren did a really nice job on this livery also, a few years back

@Galteemore It wasn't bad when new but that wasn't always pristine as you say.

Yes, lovely layout this one

Edited by DiveController
  • Thanks 1