Kingsbridge - old new layout

Rate this topic

Noel

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Test run for the recent rake of mk3 coaches comprising 7 resprays from various Hornby/Lima donors and one Lima Murphy Model coach bought on ebay (7140). All lightly weathered except the RTR Lima Murphy Model example as I'd like to keep that as produced.

PS: Desperately modern for my era so might auction them off for a charity later in the year.

If they come with a grey 071, SOLD!!!

• Funny 1

On 24/3/2021 at 7:17 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

If they come with a grey 071, SOLD!!!

Ha, just about to respray an 071 donor (formerly 085) into freight grey. Picked it up inexpensively on ebay some years ago as a potential donor chassis for a B101 kit I have, but think I'll use another Bachmann donor I got off ebay for that instead and respray the 071 into grey.

Rake of 7 resprayed mk3s during covid safety restrictions.

7 Mk3s done, Left to right, Hornby (ex virgin), Hornby (ex Virgin), Lima (ex BR Swallow), Lima (ex BR Swallow), Lima Murphy Model RTR, Hornby Shortie (ex BR Blue), Hornby Shortie (ex BR Swallow). One more Shortie in the paint shop at the moment. And EGV on the cutting bench. Hauled by 182. I don't really like 201 prototype as a model, too long for my taste. I suppose there should be an IR tippex 071 hauling that set.

DSC_1673.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

The modern side of you is slowly surfacing. Not long now and you'll have a load of yellow PW stuff.

There's about as much chance of yellow s*** running on our layout as there is of Fr Jack Hackett allowing a nun to push his wheel chair past a pub! :) :) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Correction A17 IR livery IRM A class now running with rake of weathered Murphy Model Mk2d coaching stock, rather than mk3 coaches which A class did not haul. 

Yea A class had vacuum brakes but mk3 stock was air braked, so A class could not haul mk3 coaching stock. Apologies for the blooper. Video above is A class correctly hauling mk2d stock.

Edited by Noel
correction
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

IRM's beautiful CIE A class liveries visit Kingsbridge Model railway's Woodvale junction station

CIE A46 hauling bachmann CIE flying snail green stock circa 1961

IMG_5558.JPG

A55 hauling loose coupled goods train pre-containerisation circa 1966

IMG_5161.JPG

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Its been quite a long time since I got to play trains. Had a visitor over the other day who wanted to see 'my toy train' collection so for first time in a long long time fired up the NCE and ran some old CIE trains hauled by kit bashed 121s pre MM, hauling a variety of kit bashed CIE era stock, all from the CIE black'n'tan era (1961-1978), with one hybrid IR invader lacking tippex. 

IMG_8551.thumb.jpg.dd0e384199601421d742950083553ec9.jpg

• Like 6

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

That's probably one of the best photos of Kingsbridge that you have posted. Love it. None of the others represent the massive scale and intricate trackwork.

Hi Dave. Cheers. This pic from Page 1 of thread showed the track work in the station mouth. All the BR big four rolling stock is now gone, its all black'n'tan and orange, no more GWR, LMS, LNER.

DSC_6520-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • WOW! 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While taking a photo of old Tri-ang class 37 for Derek today, I snapped this cluster of my 121 models. 127 in desperate need of some weathering.  GM central in the loco yard where once stood lines of BR steam models, back in their boxes, back in the attic.

IMG_0848.thumb.jpeg.bb8c985cad4756e0f5bf0609e605829f.jpeg

• Like 5