Rachelstown and St Stephens Green

Rate this topic

Thanks Andy, I'm really enjoying this aspect of the hobby, it is very time consuming yet a great feeling of satisfaction making them. There are 31 signals in total to make, paint, wire and fit. So far 20 heads on posts and gantries are almost ready to wire and connect. The remaining 11 are ground shunting signals that will also work when made up and fitted. Hopefully all the time and effort will be worth the wait. TDR

I admire your patience and commitment to such a fiddly project,especially the ground shunting signals! They will certainly add a nice dimension to the layout.

Trust you had a good holiday Raymond and you are refreshed to tackle your signals project. Looking forward to seeing them in action, great work!

Thanks Kieran

Yes a good and enjoyable break, return to work tomorrow. Most of the signals have now been fitted with LEDs and tested. They will be in place on the layout by Thursday night and connection to the panel will start the following week with miles of cable.TDR

• 1 month later...

Hi all and thanks for any comments made. I’ve enjoyed a good running session this last few days. Work is still ongoing on the signals, a break and side line from the fine, intricate work that is required along with patience, I have started to weather up and paint some details on the scenery and buildings as seen in the picture, I primed the stone walling and the first application has been applied to the track work. Further details and pics/Video will be posted in time.

Thank you for your continued support and interest TDR

2yvqqol.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have not had much time on the layout with work taking up most of it lately, so a brief picture update shows buildings painted and some new ones added. More details are ready to add time permitting. TDR

34ytl4j.jpg33bhgmo.jpg14e4bkh.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to view TDR

Edited by The Derry Road