Rachelstown and St Stephens Green

Rate this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

Just a quick update showing recent vehicle additions and using up left over bits and pieces of plastic parts and card to make up part of depot stores and signals workshops and stores. Also a quick peek at some new signals and gantries I’m constructing using plastic card, left over ratio parts and some scale model scenery walkways, with all working signals. Just have a little more work to do on some parts, then fit and connect to control panel,

Thanks for looking in TDR

new b.jpg

new a.jpg

new c.jpg

new d.jpg

new e.jpg

new f.jpg

new g.jpg

• Like 16
  • WOW! 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

Always a joy to see this layout develop,the scissors crossover really adds flexibility to the operation of the MPD.  

Well done Raymond. 

Thanks Noel, the crossover was made by Patrick Nichols in England from peco points, a real superb piece of work, professionally put together into one piece

003.jpg

004.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Some more progress on the layout, ballasting completed, track weathered, signals connected and working, spent an hour our two cleaning track today after the weathering stick passed over, so NIR 112 was put on cleaning duties and assigned to the CMX withfull tank of fluid, whilst an old Q kit Hunslet body on an Athearn F7A Chassis has been on trials having been converted to DCC, very pleased with the results.

Regards TDR

IMG_20210803_155353519.thumb.jpg.21980e6aa93bf6a8df6beba1f9a4c25a.jpgIMG_20210803_155348384.thumb.jpg.6949d0c0956c3c28d7b18a8e90d842aa.jpgIMG_20210803_155243288.thumb.jpg.b27162b48a979d584b8e69f0d8759f2d.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just thought I’d share a few pictures and short video of my railway Den. Spend most of today tidying under baseboards, so during the coming winter months I can finish installing and electrifying the remainder of points and signals also finish constructing the drawer system under the boards where twelve 2ft x 2ft drawers will hopefully house the remaining stock. Hope you enjoy

TDR

Den 1.jpg

Den 2.jpg

Den 3.jpg

Den4.jpg

Den 5.jpg

• Like 7
  • WOW! 3

This is just mind boggling, for someone like myself, working on a 6' x 2' board, which fits in a 6' x 2' alcove and gives me so much enjoyment. Imagine having a 'railway den', it must be heaven, and all that stock and track diagrams and sophisticated control. Hats off to you Raymond. You're a lucky man, enjoy.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LARNE CABIN said:

This is just mind boggling, for someone like myself, working on a 6' x 2' board, which fits in a 6' x 2' alcove and gives me so much enjoyment. Imagine having a 'railway den', it must be heaven, and all that stock and track diagrams and sophisticated control. Hats off to you Raymond. You're a lucky man, enjoy.

LARNE CABIN, Thanks for the comments.

TDR

11 minutes ago, John-r said:

To be honest, that's a pretty spectacular layout and hobby room to have, thanks for sharing with us.

John-r, Your very welcome

TDR

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Fab layout Raymond! Met you last week in the Railway Modeller app - just wanna say thank you so much for letting me know about this forum, I joined last week, posted and have already acquired an 071, 141 and 181 from a gentleman @flange lubricator on Friday.

Will be posting pics later :) Thanks again and I’ll be following your layout with interest :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 11:16 PM, Adrian said:

Fab layout Raymond! Met you last week in the Railway Modeller app - just wanna say thank you so much for letting me know about this forum, I joined last week, posted and have already acquired an 071, 141 and 181 from a gentleman @flange lubricator on Friday.

Will be posting pics later :) Thanks again and I’ll be following your layout with interest :)

Hi Adrian, Many thanks for your comment and Welcome to the forum, you'll get lots of info, help and guidance on here.👍

Regards TDR

• 2 weeks later...