Rachelstown and St Stephens Green

Rate this topic

John-r I use the Gaugemaster prodigy advance2 and the sound chips are from Mr Sound Guy with the exception of the hunslett, it being a bachmann 20 TDR

What a great layout, really enjoyed the video thanks for posting.

Dcc really adds a different dimension , can I ask what dcc system

and sound chips you went for.

Cheers. John.

Edited by The Derry Road

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all

Its been a while since I have been on here to contribute, just over a year. But Im back and hopefully puting up some progress on the layout and announcing a new layout called "Lisneal Road". Its size is 12ft long x 1ft 8ins wide, featuring DCC sound, consisting of double track approach into two Platforms and loco servicing yard

Rachelstown and St stephens green, is coming on and will remain in its fixed position where as Lisneal Road will be portable and hopefully open to exhibition invitations when complete, I will be opening a new thread for Lisneal Road shortly for anyone to view the track plan and follow its building progress.

TDR

Edited by The Derry Road
  • Like 4

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please excuse me using your post in this way? On Facebook, there were enquiries regarding Sound Decoders that are suitable for our Hunslet Locomotives. For anyone who is interested in this matter, there is a Video of  an Irish Model Railway, - Old Blarney - with two of my Hunslets running as a Top and Tail. Sound is produced from Paul Chater's Class 20 Decoders. The Hunslets appear at approximately 1minute 31 seconds. The link is as follows:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB7L7cJyWmQ

Love your work Ray, keep it up.

Loco almost finished, just buffers to paint and a piece of red tape to tuck in, gave it a run this morning and quite pleased with the results. some pictures and a short video from this mornings outing, Hunslett loco 103 (MERLIN) pulling a rake of 5 coaches painted into NIR maroon and blue, The DVT is still under construction. This is my favourite NIR livery, it brings back fond memories from child hood.

01.jpg

02.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all, Some pictures and a short video of the layout with Loco 183 pulling a rake of cement bubbles, This is the last train to run on the layout, as some changes are coming into play, track work is changing slightly to permit better running possibilities and the retaining wall and tunnel mouths are going. To be replaced with a new arched wall being three inches closer to the track to allow a better and deeper backscene. TDR

20190819_141939.jpg

20190819_141553.jpg

20190819_143229.jpg

20190819_143237.jpg

20190819_143259.jpg

20190819_143312.jpg

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 3:20 PM, jhb171achill said:

That is a seriously excellent layout. What's that Hunslet - MIR?

The cements look amazing - well done. And is that "The Wanderer" or "ttc" down on the track taking pics with that tripod?

Thank you, the hunslett is silver fox with bachmann class 20 chassis with sound.

TDR

On 4/6/2020 at 4:02 PM, Midland Man said:

So realistic:drool:

Thank you

TDR

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone, some pictures and short videos of the changes I’ve been doing. Long story short the Layout Lisneal Road TMD has now been incorporated into my main layout, one pic shows the old storage/cement yard now removed and replaced by the Lisneal Road. I found it a struggle trying to maintain two Layouts so decided to put both together.

layout 102.jpg

new 1.jpg

new 4.jpg

• Like 10
  • WOW! 2