StevieB
Members-
Posts
1,283 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by StevieB
-
Excellent piece of collaboration between two the parties involved. I wonder what’s next in the way of accessories from IRM & friends. Stephen
-
It’s that stuff called rain, which falls but occasionally in the Canaries, but when it does, it does. Stephen
-
I remember an article in the late Model Railway News about the A/001 class. Stephen
-
The failed PLC was just one element of the Llangollen Railway. It was not the operator of the railway but provided items of rolling stock, together with engineering services. It was the commercial failure of the latter that caused its collapse. Thankfully a way forward has been found. Stephen
-
Noel’s approach to bidding on eBay is one that the memsahib and I have used to great effect for a long time now. It takes all the pain and misery of continually bidding and counter bidding. Stephen
-
It’s always a good idea to try tonengineer out reverse curves and all the problems that go with them. Stephen
-
Tantalising close. Stephen
-
Belmond Hibernian - Luxury Touring Train
StevieB replied to Broithe's topic in What's happening on the network?
I wonder if that’s due to COVID-19 or was it just not working? Stephen -
I agree with David, very much good enough to be in the model press. You’re too hard on your standard of modelling. That’s what I’m hoping to achieve. Stephen
- 490 replies
-
- 4
-
-
-
- ballyercall
- layout
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
All looking good. Stephen
-
£425 seemed a reasonable price for the UG, considering how much both a U and UG went for just a few months ago. It was a bit surprising that there was only one bidder. Stephen
-
Looking at the 00 Works website, they appear to have produced the LMS 2F 0-6-0 before. Stephen
-
The U and UG models have both been sold in the recent past on eBay and I believe we are talking in the region of £700 each. They are ‘rare’. Stephen
-
Tuesday Walkabout in the South Waikato
StevieB replied to Mayner's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
Fascinating stuff. -
I asked that question of IRM some while ago and the market for the magnesite wagons is so small as to be not a goer at all! Stephen
-
Noel They’re the sectional running times, although what’s really interesting is that all the trains are described as mixed but the times quoted are for passenger or goods. Presumably, mixed ran to goods times. Stephen
-
All looking good. Stephen
-
If you have a sixties operating session, you’ll be able to increase the pasenger trains by 50% from 2 to 3 by adding the all stations stopper to the two boat trains you’ve already got. Stephen
-
RTE Archive - Western rail corridor track lifting row
StevieB replied to Noel's topic in General Chat
It’s sad that both Ireland and the UK go in for short term planning. I’m sure that planners would disagree but there needs to be a change in thinking such that people can have real choice when it comes to travelling between taking the train, bus and car, or cycling and walking. In the ideal world, Cork would still have a suburban rail network that included Bandon and Macroom. Wishful thinking I know but the new generation of electric/hydrogen cars will still be causing congestion in the future. Youghal should have been chosen as an area to be re-developed in terms of housing and employment, with a train service to Cork pivotal to its success. Stephen -
The latest issue of IRRS Journal says much the same about expanding the network. The recent study on transportation within the Cork area included a proposal for doubling the Glounthaune-Midleton line. Sadly, re-opening Midleton-Youghal doesn’t appear on the radar of any of the relevant transport authorities. Stephen
-
Those were the days. Stephen
-
“Locomotives of the GSWR” by McMahon, Clements & O’Rourke
StevieB replied to jhb171achill's topic in General Chat
I agree entirely with you David. Stephen -
The new coaches from Silver Fox really are rather nice, although I must get round to addressing the fact that some of the internal compartments don’t line up with the windows. How’s the foot coming along? Stephen
-
We live in interesting times. Despite what Boris said, it is not a free trade agreement between UK and EU as most of us would understand it. It’s going to be a ‘buyer beware’ situation from now on to find out whether you are paying the retailer all taxes and duties or the postman. My wife and I found out a long time ago that it’s so much nicer to pay everything upfront rather than getting a demand from the postman for money before delivery takes place. Nevertheless, you have to feel for the little man in all this. Politicians never life easy! Stephen
-
PM sent. Stephen
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)