Patricks Layout

Rate this topic

patrick

Looks super Patrick, really captures an era in Irish Railways that is sadly long gone and was well gone when I was born. Still a period I'm most interested in though.

Agree Fran, I have vague memories of the line myself, well done Patrick. I like the new avatar Fran.

Rich,

Now look what you two made me do, I'm going off topic on my own thread to point out the similarities between the old New Haven RR livery and CIE.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8899[/ATTACH]

Very nice Patrick, I do like New Haven. I take it you're near old New Haven territory?

Actually scratch that, I see you're in Ohio. Thought you were New York for some reason!

Guest hidden-agenda
Not much work has been done one the layout in the last few months but it is being operated. A sequence timetable is used where we run two passenger and one goods train each way representing the trains through Grange and Glen More during daylight hours. The whole sequence takes a little over an hour to run. It is mid October and the beet season is just beginning, the crop being sent to the Mallow sugar factory. The following pictures show the progress of the Cork Waterford goods which is distributing empty beet wagons today. One load of beet is picked up at Grange and forwarded to Glen More where it will be picked up along with the other loads by the Waterford Cork train. Along the way it crosses the Waterford Cork railcar at Grange and is passed by the Cork Rosslare train at Glen More. The guy with the beard is my neighbor Bruce, who would prefer to be running B&O articulated steam locos hauling coal hoppers!

Hello Patrick i found this pic of a beat wagon in Cork and as i always assumed they were the same livery ( chassis and body) a dose of red oxide was thrown on the chassis at some stage.

http://www.geograph.ie/photo/3136304

Pic belongs to a gent known as Turf burner and a hell of brilliant pics (inc air and sea)before and after the one i have put up.

Sensational viaduct. Visually appealing. Can't wait to see it finished. How do you find the woodland scenic trees to work with?

Thanks Phil. I find them easy to work with and good value for what they are. I would recommend them to anyone who wants reasonable looking trees relatively quickly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Patrick,

Great scene, love the viaduct -there is a couple of fine examples on the DSER at Rathdrum. You obviously like the A class and they do look well. The mixed goods harks back to a more relaxing era on Irish railways and the passenger train with the A and MK1 GV is very atmospheric. Lovely scenery and layout.

• 2 months later...