Warley 2022: 26-27 November in Hall 5

Rate this topic

leslie10646

Just  an early heads-up.

The IRRS will be at Stand C22 - squeezed in beside a layout called Upwey Junction (I assume the one on the GWR main line near Weston super Mare?).

I don't see an Irish layout listed - are any of you "owners" exhibiting?

Obviously IRM will be there!

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 1

Hi Look forward to seeing the IRM team again, I am back in role as one of the Warley club show organisers. I hope to have some Irish models in the display cases on the club stand. I guess some Beet wagons will be on show which hopefully encourage an rtr announcement along with 80 class, Hunslet enterprise train pack/ set.     

Robert  

• Like 3

Will do , I will "beet" my way through the merry crowd. To celebrate IRMs announcement of the ICR train set pack. 

Robert 

Yesterday saw a meeting of the 8 folk organising the show and final amendments made  to floor plan after changes of requirements and electrical plan and stand buildups confirmed - over 600 tables and 1000 chairs required! 

Not bad for a local clubs show in local hall with a few friends and some mates who sell bits and bobs.  

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...

It’s that time of year again and I'm packing ready for the weekend.

To remind attenders!

The only “Irish” layout this year is the organising Society’s “Inver” which is on Stand C41.

Robert Shrives of this parish will be showing his beet wagons built from a kit from a well-known provider – you’ll find them in the Warley Society’s Showcase at Stand A6.

Andy Cundick (also One of The Elect) has his Welsh Narrow Gauge layout “Llanfair Caereinon” on Stand B107. Looking forward to seeing it as it was a great favourite with the family!

Meanwhile, you’ll find the Irish Railway Record Society on Stand C22 where Richard McLachlan will be showing his famous digitised drawings of many aspects of Irish Railways from buildings, track, and locomotives to coaches and wagons. I will be selling some Irish books, the Society’s noted Journal – AND YOU CAN EVEN JOIN The Society.

We hope to see some of you at the weekend.

Leslie

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Should be a good show - We get the keys to hall 5 on Thursday 12.00 for markout and then its build, build and build until 12.00 Friday then traders et all can get in , public start Saturday and Sunday and as if normal I will among the last to leave 22.00 Sunday.  The big narrow gauge loco from Severn Valley Railway - 82045 there will be wagon and  bus as full size exhibits.  

Defo drop by C22 during the weekend. 

Robert 

• Like 1

Hi all,

Looking forward to catching up with friends this weekend at Warley. I'll be helping on stand A, but when not there, will be over at Inver, which has had a lot of work done on it by the club in tribute to it's creator, John Seward, a great friend to Irish Railways at Warley show, and more widely, over the years, or the IRRS stand.

Here's to a great weekend!

Richard E-H

• Like 4

I went on Saturday, not my normal day but my son came up from Plymouth this time so Saturday it was. It didn’t appear to be as crowded as previous years but a lovely day out nonetheless. It’s just a shame it is so expensive. Parking in Birmingham International station helped keep the cost down a bit.

Stephen

Hi All Great talking to many over the weekend at warley show, Paul, Joe, Noel and the gang and Mark and Jim on the only Irish layout  Inver and to anyone else whom took the time, I had a great weekend with my son and Nephew, Attached is some pictures, as you can see from the last picture it wasn't as crowded as usual on the Saturday. Partly because of the rail strike. Sunday had a bigger attendance. Enjoy TDR

IMG_20221127_101034221.jpg

IMG_20221127_103016441.jpg

IMG_20221127_103126280.jpg

IMG_20221127_103146672.jpg

IMG_20221127_103211081.jpg

IMG_20221127_103300836.jpg

IMG_20221127_103430847.jpg

IMG_20221127_103502501.jpg

IMG_20221127_103613523.jpg

IMG_20221127_103654898.jpg

IMG_20221127_103708298.jpg

IMG_20221127_104921701.jpg

IMG_20221127_113034828.jpg

IMG_20221127_113102623.jpg

IMG_20221127_105351859.jpg

Edited by The Derry Road
spelling
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @The Derry Road, was wondering if anyone was going to post pictures/videos from Warley. I'm aware that Saturday wasn't busy but didn't know about the railway strike, sure, that'll be going on until after the Tories are out of power. Couldn't believe how much the entrance fee was, £18 is a lot of money, go mór mhór, during a cost-of-living crisis. Mind, I paid €8 into the MRSI exhibition and all I got to do was drink loads of tea and eat currant scones. Anyway, I'm sure that those of you who did attend Warley felt it was worth it as it's the bees' knees of model railway shows on these islands.

• Like 1

I entered the venue at 10:00 on Saturday morning-after purchasing a ticket and programme with ease from the ticket office, no queueing whatsoever,

It got busy around the 12:30 mark until 15:30-I left at 16:30 after an enjoyable day meeting good friends, and viewing the various layouts- I will return  :tumbsup:

• Like 5

21 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

I entered the venue at 10:00 on Saturday morning-after purchasing a ticket and programme with ease from the ticket office, no queueing whatsoever,

It got busy around the 12:30 mark until 15:30-I left at 16:30 after an enjoyable day meeting good friends, and viewing the various layouts- I will return  :tumbsup:

Noel, I was at the opening at 09.15, there was about 1/4 of the crowd compared to previous years past. Sunday was more busy there appeared to be some displays abscent and more space too, TDR

Edited by The Derry Road
grammer
  • Like 2

Many thanks Darius for posting those photos of layouts I simply didn't have time to see!

Richard and I were so busy on Saturday, we never sat down. Great to meet Darius at last - here I am with the Modelling King!

535759142_IMG_3859(1).thumb.jpg.dd6bc438284074c0074db10f099a97f2.jpg

The photos on the monitor are a slide show by the late David Soggee, whose immense slide collection has just come into the possession of the IRRS - our thanks to the Family.

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1

The photo above was taken by Richard Ellis Hobbs who came by with Robert Shrives.

The Warley Display case included three Provincial wagons double beet wagons built by Robert.

140546735_IMG_3814(1).thumb.jpg.7f318da102dfc5ba5010073d63d6248c.jpg

Just 232 of these wagons now running on layouts around the globe! Thanks Robert.

(Further Irish interest on the shelf below I see!).

Other visitors included the esteemed  Mr Murphy and Andy Cundick who was showing his new layout "Llanfair Caereinion" - The Welshpool line as it was under GWR ownership in the 1930s. See next post.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1