Hidden Agenda Sulzers

Rate this topic

Flying Scotsman 4472

Great shots, great loco and amazing layout. I love the goods train with the 141 and brake van. Were these the locos that were built in Inchicore or were they imported from England? Thanks for posting, very enjoyable and love the crew in front of the loco.

bobosulzer002.jpg

bobosulzer003.jpg

bobosulzer004.jpg

bobosulzer006.jpg

bobosulzer007.jpg

bobosulzer008.jpg

bobosulzer010.jpg

bobosulzer012.jpg

bobosulzer013.jpg

bobosulzer015.jpg

bobosulzer016.jpg

bobosulzer019.jpg

bobosulzer020.jpg

bobosulzer021.jpg

bobosulzer022.jpg

Great shots, great loco and amazing layout. I love the goods train with the 141 and brake van. Were these the locos that were built in Inchicore or were they imported from England? Thanks for posting, very enjoyable and love the crew in front of the loco.

They're the ones that were built in Inchicore :)

I've heard of the "hidden agenda sulzer" in hushed tones, and veiled references to glass cabinets. Like men in brown suits organising a coup d'etat. "Have you seen her?" - "No, but I know a man who has...."

I can see why now. Good god almighty gareth, simply phenomenal. DB doing a trade is even more surprising! Richie

Guest hidden-agenda

Many thanks to all for the kind comments, i enjoyed building them and i look forward to building one for me some time.Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it and try different approaches so never be put off by bends curves and odd looking angles, embrace them and stick to the measure before pouring as over doing it empties the bottle quicker.

Guest hidden-agenda

I forgot to say thank you to Anthony for the painting of the Sulzer,s as it made them look a professional model and high-lighted the detail on them, i was told a long time ago that the real loco had little or no detail and lacked any character compared to a Metro-vic or a GM. I personally feel that the real loco,s have an individuality that makes them attractive in their own way as they were built in CIE,s early entry into the diesel era.The one burning question that i have is had the 101 class Sulzer (Weshty,s model) gone to the re-engine stage like the metro-vics would they be around now and a preserved version may-be running around Downpatrick?

Just my mind running riot in the what could have been corridor.

Guest hidden-agenda
Had one of them been in good working order, and its historical poor braking been sorted out, it would definitely have been welcome on the DCDR!

John did the B101 class have bad brakes as i know about the bo-bo being prone to running away?

I never heard of any major ongoing issues, hiddenagenda, but Inchicore crews hated B113/4 because the cabs were very cramped and unheated; I believe that at least initially the driver had no seat (!), and they were scared of them due to the brakes being prone to failure. The withdrawal of the last of the pair in 1972 was for brake failure on the way down to North Wall. 101s seemed to be well liked down south, where they did most of their running.

Guest hidden-agenda
Stunning work Gareth, was there a thread explaining how you built these and if not would you consider doing one, I'd be very interested.

sorry scahalane i did,nt take any pics of the build as there was never any real interest in the model until recently.

The cabs are jig built from plastic with brass window frames, The roof is plastic with brass vents and fan. The sides are etched brass and its sitting on a slightly modified Bachmann class 20 chassis with sprung buffers and resin side frames.

Regards Gareth.

sorry scahalane i did,nt take any pics of the build as there was never any real interest in the model until recently.

The cabs are jig built from plastic with brass window frames, The roof is plastic with brass vents and fan. The sides are etched brass and its sitting on a slightly modified Bachmann class 20 chassis with sprung buffers and resin side frames.

Regards Gareth.

Thanks Gareth.