eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

On 20/2/2021 at 8:04 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

I've put one up myself just to see and test the waters but I must be missing a trick with ebay as I can't find it on any searches.

• Funny 1

16 minutes ago, Railer said:

I've put one up myself just to see and test the waters but I must be missing a trick with ebay as I can't find it on any searches.

I'd love to call dibs on it as I like the locos of today but there's no way I could budget €300 or €400!

Had a quick search for "Murphy Models" on ebay.ie and can't find yours either, sorry.

19 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I'd love to call dibs on it as I like the locos of today but there's no way I could budget €300 or €400!

Had a quick search for "Murphy Models" on ebay.ie and can't find yours either, sorry.

I can't find it myself unless I go to my profile listings. No idea what I'm doing wrong but the time is going down on the auction.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Suggest contact Dave Bracken @WRENNEIRE or Chris Dyre both of whom should be able to source MM locos for you at honourable and favourable prices compared to the ebay sharks. There are still the occasional good price on ebay. I just picked up some Bachmann/MM mk2a coaches and sane price. Also consider buying any livery you can get your hands on and then commission a respray and renumber into the livery you prefer rather than the ebay prices (eg if you wanted a grey or NIR 071). Suggest contact top respray guys like Tony Mirola, Anthony Smyth, Richard O'Hanrahan, George Normam, etc. The cost of a commission added to an IR/IE livery 071 will still cost a lot less than ebay sharks, and you end up with a totally unique loco with a running number of your choice.

• Like 1

On 26/2/2021 at 10:35 AM, Railer said:

Yeah, just relisted.

Last one was up for 2 days but there was no views on it. Think its my phone app listing that are not working.

which listing are you accepting for it as from what I understand you are only selling one grey 071

This Baby GM would cost you about €475 in the ROI after the import charges. They also have one in ST livery. I remember a few years ago seeing a sound fitted Baby GM on eBay with enough left over to buy a few wagons to put behind it.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Bachmann-OO-Gauge-Murphy-Models-MM0177-Class-141-039-IE-039-Orange-177-Weathered-/303903775529?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

33 minutes ago, RobertRoche said:

This Baby GM would cost you about €475 in the ROI after the import charges. They also have one in ST livery. I remember a few years ago seeing a sound fitted Baby GM on eBay with enough left over to buy a few wagons to put behind it.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Bachmann-OO-Gauge-Murphy-Models-MM0177-Class-141-039-IE-039-Orange-177-Weathered-/303903775529?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Just goes to show what an exceptional model they were, still the best and most enjoyable runners I've ever come across from any manufacturer. Supply and demand has pushed these prices up to silly levels.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Dont think MM is doing a Mk 2a?

Pity those MM/Bachmann mk2a coaches were one of the finest coaches ever produced right up there with the Cravens, but sure we have the new MM mk3s to look forward to including PP suburbans, what more could we wish for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

I think a few folk are trying to offload their Lima mk3s at the moment. They'll be far less desirable once MM releases the updated ones.

Yeah, €150 for two Mk3 Execs.

🤣

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Pity those MM/Bachmann mk2a coaches were one of the finest coaches ever produced right up there with the Cravens, but sure we have the new MM mk3s to look forward to including PP suburbans, what more could we wish for.

Grey 071's, NIR 071's, another run of 141's, mk4 sets with DVT's, Enterprise coaches, MM Mk3 EGV's in Enterprise livery to go with IRM's forthcoming Enterprise sets, lots of yellow stuff, RoadLiner trucks, green Dublin buses, a B&I ferry, an O Gauge 071 and a partridge in a pear tree.

• Funny 1

16 minutes ago, amdaley said:
Import charges:
Import charges £122.21 (amount confirmed at checkout) + £18.51 postage.
God bless E Bays Global Shipping Programme 🤣

Holy Moly I bought 4 of those only a few years ago at a Stillorgan Chris Dyre fare for €30 each. Scary what's happened with some ebay prices.

I know that I also would like these, at that price... nope.. Still keeping an eye out if I can get it at a reasonable price that Bachmann Irish Railway train set... Did anyone fit a DCC decoder in any of them? Is there enough room for a sound decoder?