eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

12 minutes ago, murphaph said:

If I was returning to the hobby now instead of less than a year ago I'd quickly surmise that Irish outline was going to be a no go financially. I wonder how many would be Irish outline returnees choose another outline based on price alone.

Can buy a nice A class for €189 and more to come...

When the 141/181/071's were made, the market was much smaller - we reckon about half the numbers it has now... supply and demand unfortunately kicks in.

5 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Can buy a nice A class for €189 and more to come...

When the 141/181/071's were made, the market was much smaller - we reckon about half the numbers it has now... supply and demand unfortunately kicks in.

Which is great as it has allowed the range of detailed irish models to grow. We've seen with MM upcoming re-releases that demand is there so maybe 141/181/071 aren't outside the realm of possibly 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iarnrod said:

Cant understand why MM are not doing another run of 071's, even a shorter run, as there is clearly a demand for them.

Dunno, Most people I'd say have Multiples of 071s, I would not be in a market for any more MM Diesels TBH. 

They took a while to shift too if I remember from my time in Marks, IRM was and is a big help in shifting locos now with the Rolling stock.

As Murph said, If I wandered into a LMS and saw a coach for 100 notes which some of the Baccy ones are now reachingI would of said Nah Not for me.....OO anyhow, O Gauge a distinct possibility instead with Less stock Needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Dunno, Most people I'd say have Multiples of 071s, I would not be in a market for any more MM Diesels TBH. 

They took a while to shift too if I remember from my time in Marks, IRM was and is a big help in shifting locos now with the Rolling stock.

As Murph said, If I wandered into a LMS and saw a coach for 100 notes which some of the Baccy ones are now reachingI would of said Nah Not for me.....OO anyhow, O Gauge a distinct possibility instead with Less stock Needed.

As P42 launched, there were 071's everywhere.

Within six months, they were all gone.

So, it's IRM's fault...

In a way, they owe us a run of 071's!

😂

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, DoctorPan said:

A lot of us newer folk who joined the market with IRM's offerings missed out on the MM diesels and the old problem of having GMs and nothing for them to haul has been flipped on its head with a good number having wagons and nothing to pull them!

Don't worry, A Class arriving in a few months will flip that problem right back around and there'll be no rolling stock for them to haul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorPan said:

A lot of us newer folk who joined the market with IRM's offerings missed out on the MM diesels and the old problem of having GMs and nothing for them to haul has been flipped on its head with a good number having wagons and nothing to pull them!

Killer for sure Mr Pan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertRoche said:

Yip pricey. I was perhaps fortunate to buy 3 at Stillorgan toy show for €30ea a few years ago. Had to walk across the road to ATM to get cash as the trader didn't have ability to process card payments.

Its an OO scale set, originally sold by Bachmann USA who labelled it as OO/HO but they are OO models, same as the ones Murphy brought out in '99 but with different running numbers. There are no numbers on the loco and it came without the pack that is in the Green N Class

• Informative 1

Yeah, they use the term "Super H0" - it was a marketing ploy to help sell this set in a predominantly H0 market. All is revealed below. I's not a bad set, though these locos show their age running wise. That doesn't stop folks looking for £200 for these locos on their own on eBay. We await an IRM Irish steam offering to signal the end of life of these models as MM did for the old Lima 201 offerings. Will be  few years yet....