LIMA Murphy Models

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

Probably Fran

I picked up a large amount of rolling stock that was left in the factory when it closed, A chap that was auctioning all the plant that was left bought them for his son and I picked them up from him. The Coke & Shell wagons were in the lot but the Unicopa was not. They have large holes in the base of the chassis's where it used to say Made in France.

Edited by WRENNEIRE

They should be of great interest to NIR and Enterprise fans. Personally prototype 201's never interested me, but I may buy one of the Intercity grey/green liveried Irish rail 201s (i.e. Mk4/CAF livery). Its a nice livery, but the early orange, yellow and black 201s must have been the ugliest loco liveries ever run in Ireland, second only to the silver of the 1950s C class. :) There is just something boring about the look of 201s compared to the earlier GMs that had such character.

Each on to their own taste. Post 071 class Irish railways and vanilla DMUs hold no interest for this 1960/70s era fan. Mind you I never liked the 'super train' coach livery of the early 70s Mk2's either. It was much improved with the two white bands either side of the black in the IR/IE era, but personally I thought the original black against orange looked awful.

My personal wish list for possible MM future stock:

• 001 Class - Black CIE, B&T CIE Livery (i.e. black roof small orange band under black)
  • 121 CIE/IR livery
  • Park Royal mainline coaches (B&T IE/IR and snail green)
  • Bredin/laminate mainline coaches (B&T CIE and snail green) Stanier lookalikes
  • Open wagons corrigated panels - non braked
  • Mk1 generator van + Dutch Van

PS: What a fantastic thread btw. It should be renamed 'History of Irish Model Railways'

Edited by Noel

Love the details on the Enterprise locos, 230 with it's iconic white fillets and 233 with it's black cab numbers, the yellow on 233 should be a few shades brighter though. Would have liked the exhausts picked out in silver on the NIR locos though, I'm sure they were not painted blue on delivery.

I agree with Railer, i pre ordered 233 but there is something not right with it....was the purple more a maroon/wine shade on 233 or am i dreaming??? I'm hoping it's just the light but 230 looks way better, what do ye think lads- or is it just me????

Could be the light. Always judge these things in person.