Bulleid Flat Wagon Decorated Samples Arrive

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

9 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

Mine arrived and a suitable load was located(sort of)..

Coupled up snugly to some Bachmann cattle wagons I have with no issues(don’t have much 2 axle stock)

IMG_5643.jpeg

IMG_5644.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, iarnrod said:

Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting on these wagons to arrive by courier. Bulleid open wagons which were shipped to me after this order was supposed to be shipped have been received, but these wagons seem to be in a courier black hole somewhere.

Same here, whenever I go to check now I get a bad gateway 502 error. I'm not sure what's going on

10 minutes ago, iarnrod said:

Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting on these wagons to arrive by courier. Bulleid open wagons which were shipped to me after this order was supposed to be shipped have been received, but these wagons seem to be in a courier black hole somewhere.

My ones arrived yesterday. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, iarnrod said:

Yes, the same here. The problem seems to be with deliveries coming through Fastway. I ordered more of the open wagons a number of days after the flats were dispatched, and they were delivered the following day by DPD.  Flats still on the way......

20 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

I haven't received mine yet either. No tracking info listed in My Orders section 

There should be a tracking link in the email from IRM....

47 minutes ago, iarnrod said:

Ya, I'm the same.

1 hour ago, iarnrod said:

Flats and beet wagons arrived yesterday. 👍 FYI, minor annoyance the courier dropped them over the 2'6" wall into the garden and made no attempt to contact us or get a signature, checked the CCTV, he just jumped out of the van, never even rang the bell nor phoned, popped the parcels on the ground over the wall, took a photo of them, then hopped back in his van and drove off. Fortunately the parcels were not pinched by passers by of which there are many on our tourist lane. We were perhaps lucky. Other couriers either ring the bell or phone so at least we know. Anyway the big picture is these are delightful models. Will play with them and drive trains at the weekend. Then once the couplings have been replaced with NEM Kadee's will spend some time weathering them. The Bulleid beet wagons will look especially good on Gort.

Absolutely magnificent wagons, the best yet from IRM IMHO. Fabulous. hyper.gif Thank you. It was worth the wait.

Kadee height is perfect and uncoupling works 100%. Nem pocket is slightly shorter than the tongs but a tiny spot of PVA will ensure no horizontal slop.

image.thumb.png.f744c042612d7cf852ceabe8352c1038.png

Can't wait to weather these most unique and iconic of all Irish rolling stock. They had their first run this evening back and forth over point work. 

image.thumb.png.7121f148a64417c2912bf6e8c4eb19e2.png

• Like 7

Taking up Noel’s point about the mode of delivery, if I remember correctly, my order said DHL would deliver but here in the UK it was our dear old Royal Mail. Would anyone from IRM care to comment?

Stephen

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Absolutely magnificent wagons, the best yet from IRM IMHO. Fabulous. hyper.gif Thank you. It was worth the wait.

Kadee height is perfect and uncoupling works 100%. Nem pocket is slightly shorter than the tongs but a tiny spot of PVA will ensure no horizontal slop.

image.thumb.png.f744c042612d7cf852ceabe8352c1038.png

Can't wait to weather these most unique and iconic of all Irish rolling stock. They had their first run this evening back and forth over point work. 

image.thumb.png.7121f148a64417c2912bf6e8c4eb19e2.png

What Kadees are you using?

Stephen

7 minutes ago, StevieB said:

Taking up Noel’s point about the mode of delivery, if I remember correctly, my order said DHL would deliver but here in the UK it was our dear old Royal Mail. Would anyone from IRM care to comment?

Stephen

Mine were shipped DHL Express too but they handed them off to the parcels arm of the German post office (which is confusingly called DHL, without the Express. Deutsche Post owns DHL group). That was strange enough and I have never knowingly experienced that but DHL Express handing off to Royal Mail sounds even stranger as they are completely unrelated companies AFAIK.

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Mine were shipped DHL Express too but they handed them off to the parcels arm of the German post office (which is confusingly called DHL, without the Express. Deutsche Post owns DHL group). That was strange enough and I have never knowingly experienced that but DHL Express handing off to Royal Mail sounds even stranger as they are completely unrelated companies AFAIK.

Who did it say on your tracking?

It may well have said DHL at the time of order but carriers have changed and evolved since as rates and service changes 👍

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

Who did it say on your tracking?

It may well have said DHL at the time of order but carriers have changed and evolved since as rates and service changes 👍

Tracking said DHL Express and the tracking number worked on the DHL Express Ireland website. Then I checked the DHL Express Germany website and it told me the parcel was to be handled by "regular" DHL, which is just the post office here and is the same carrier that delivers An Post parcels. The regular DHL website reported the parcel was "on its way to DHL" until this afternoon, when it changed and showed the parcel as being located in Bochum in the west of Germany. It'll probably be delivered on Saturday. That's 9 days in actual transit I believe, which is slower than an An Post or GLS parcel. The opens arrived via GLS in 4 days.

I don't mind if a parcel takes a week or two weeks but I hope DHL Express aren't taking the Mick charging IRM for express delivery and then just pawning the parcels off to non-express carriers.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Tracking said DHL Express and the tracking number worked on the DHL Express Ireland website. Then I checked the DHL Express Germany website and it told me the parcel was to be handled by "regular" DHL, which is just the post office here and is the same carrier that delivers An Post parcels. The regular DHL website reported the parcel was "on its way to DHL" until this afternoon, when it changed and showed the parcel as being located in Bochum in the west of Germany. It'll probably be delivered on Saturday. That's 9 days in actual transit I believe, which is slower than an An Post or GLS parcel. The opens arrived via GLS in 4 days.

I don't mind if a parcel takes a week or two weeks but I hope DHL Express aren't taking the Mick charging IRM for express delivery and then just pawning the parcels off to non-express carriers.

Fab night in Bochum last year in possibly to grottiest boozer I have ever come across! hope they arrive soon worth the wait!

• Like 1

I thought it was just me, I too have delivery issues as the only tracking number I have it for USPS. it seems to be heading for the nearby DHL facility for Chicago area but as I don't have a DHL tracking number there is nothing I can do. USPS are waiting for this since the 6th of June, so I have no idea where  it is and to top it off, I have a great experience with USPS and packages "failing to arrive". Just frustrated that USPS are to deliver them, well hopefully.

Got mine today, the Grey ones are peach.

One for IRM.

given the relatively small size of these flats you could get a lot more in the box they come in. Maybe 6 TBH.

I am wondering would not 4 wagons in a box make better use of the box space or is it to keep the sell point under 100 buck to tempt more folks into parting with cash?

Edited by Georgeconna

1 minute ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Got mine a few minutes ago. Depite one slight issue with them. I decided to set them up like one of the Ford trains at Albert quay

IMG_4688.jpeg

IMG_4689.jpeg

IMG_4690.jpeg

You have been hanging around Mr Larkin too long! The West Cork has infected you big time!!  Looks good Cathal! They would look great on the wider rails too. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Arrived this morning - delivered by fastway - from Hong Kong Express........from Dublin to Limerick..got first notification it was shipping 10 days ago...seems to have taken the western rail corridor with a spin into Loughrea on the way to get here🤣.

They look fab tho! Thank you!

Edited by Edo
  • Funny 2