Richrua's workbench

Rate this topic

richrua

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Having a go at a 42' bogie flat from Studio Scale Models/Weshty. May have bitten off more than I can chew but I ll give it a whirl

I have one here myself Rich that I'm hoping to get to at some stage so I'm watching this with interest to see how you find it :tumbsup:

Seems OK over the points but is jumpy on a short curve . I will look at the bogies and check theyre level.

Some personal communications from forum members suggested that they can be tricky to get running properly. I suspect the slightest torque over the length of this chassis or imprecise bending would cause issues with smooth running. Getting a short rake made by a forum member first before attempting to match that myself. Looks very well, nice kit.

• 1 month later...

IMG_20160904_171818.jpg

My passengers must be freezing. I have a total lack of gen vans on the railway, so Im going to rectify that over the next few weeks. Starting with an attempt at a mk1 van conversion with this old Hornby. Bogies are wrong. This will supply the juice to my cravens.