IRM Hits the Road: We Commission Rail Link Buses!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

19 minutes ago, mphoey said:

a proper irish taxi would be interested possibly easy enough as just really need a roof sign and use a few of oxfords castings

At least taxi is spelt the same in all languages😀

I will pick up my coat on the way out

regards John

Edited by Buz

4 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that we have passed the 50% sold figure on these, so we would advise hopping on them as soon as you can. Thanks to everyone who ordered and repaid our faith!

Cheers!

Fran

That's brilliant news.

I suspect these will be sold out before they even arrive in stock.

Hopefully, a positive sign for further Irish based vehicles/buses from IRM.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2020 at 9:19 AM, Warbonnet said:

Two tone green, Cityswift, Cream, orange and dark blue core livery and current yellow and blue were the four main fleet liveries for the Olympians. Of course, there were many one off liveries too. 

Cheers!

Fran

Don't forget the fasttrack one too!

Throwback Thursday (140)

Yes please- I'll take two.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

This is brilliant to see, and I'm sure will be another winner guys. Irish vehicles have always been hard to come across, with very few produced. Oxford have released some lovely stuff over the last few years, at very affordable prices. With a bit of work you can get some decent looking Irish models from their vehicles, but again, its decals, paint and time to get you there. I'm hoping this takes off, this is a great start, it would be fantastic to see a proper selection of Irish vehicles to choose from in the future.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is hard to get 00 scale typically (cheap) Irish cars from the 80s and 90s. Cars in Ireland back then were invariably crappier than in the UK.

A lot more Opel Kadetts and Fiat Ritmos than Rover 2000s or Ford Granadas. The typical van was a Hi-Ace or Lite-Ace, rather than a Transit, know what I mean? In fact a lot more jap cars full stop than the UK. This is reflected in the lack of these things in the Oxford range. Perhaps some day IRM can fill the void. 

I know you can get some of the stuff in h0 with the steering wheel on the wrong side but it's not the same.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, murphaph said:

It is hard to get 00 scale typically (cheap) Irish cars from the 80s and 90s. Cars in Ireland back then were invariably crappier than in the UK.

A lot more Opel Kadetts and Fiat Ritmos than Rover 2000s or Ford Granadas. The typical van was a Hi-Ace or Lite-Ace, rather than a Transit, know what I mean? In fact a lot more jap cars full stop than the UK. This is reflected in the lack of these things in the Oxford range. Perhaps some day IRM can fill the void. 

I know you can get some of the stuff in h0 with the steering wheel on the wrong side but it's not the same.

"Real-X" do 1/72 Jap vehicles.

Not exactly correct for 1/76 trains but close enough to not stick out.

IMG_20200905_1451116.jpg

IMG_20200905_1451391.jpg

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

In further good news (feels like it's Christmas this past couple of weeks with all the new arrivals and change in the weather!) the buses have arrived in stock and the warehouse is preparing orders for dispatch!

90_7.thumb.jpg.390ce8c5c9822d868486eab16b5169f1.jpg

Order yours here (Limited stock remaining!) https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/vehicles

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Two questions.

When did the Olympians run from and until?

When did the two-tone green livery start and finish for Dublin Bus in general?

The Olympians started with the RHs (Leyland) in 1990 and finished with the RVs (Volvo), the last of which were delivered in 1999. The last Olympian finished in service with Dublin bus in December 2012. There’s a bit of history on them here https://www.classicbuses.co.uk/+Dublin-Bus.html

The two tone green started with the KD Bombardier buses in the early 80s. Was modified with orange stripe and Dublin Bus branding in 1987 (as part of CIE forming Dublin Bus, Bus Eireann and IR). I’m not sure exactly when the last green bus bowed out but suspect it was late 2000, early 2001?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

The Olympians started with the RHs (Leyland) in 1990 and finished with the RVs (Volvo), the last of which were delivered in 1999. The last Olympian finished in service with Dublin bus in December 2012. There’s a bit of history on them here https://www.classicbuses.co.uk/+Dublin-Bus.html

The two tone green started with the KD Bombardier buses in the early 80s. Was modified with orange stripe and Dublin Bus branding in 1987 (as part of CIE forming Dublin Bus, Bus Eireann and IR). I’m not sure exactly when the last green bus bowed out but suspect it was late 2000, early 2001?

Wow! I thought that they'd had a long life alright, but that's very long!

Thanks for that!

• Like 1

1401253981_Raillinks.thumb.jpg.d8469237cf4554d812b6b30abeada233.jpg

Hi everyone,

The buses have started arriving with customers today (including our out of office outposts, such as my kitchen table above!) and will continue to be shipped out over the coming days (we have a bit of a backlog with 121s, weedsprayers and these landing all at the same time nearly!) 

These have been very successful indeed, with only 25% of the production run left in stock. Thank you to everyone who supported this project with orders. It is encouraging to say the least and we may well look at other road vehicle projects in the future! 

Tempted? Order yours here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/vehicles

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5