Hattons launch 'Irish' range of Genesis Coaches

Rate this topic

BosKonay

I did email them earlier this week and they came straight back to say that it is taking them time, they have over 9,000 orders to process and had to set up a separate warehouse to deal with them.  So to be fair, I'm sure they will all arrive eventually.

• Like 5

They emailed me to apologise as the size of the consignment was vast due massive demand, they promised it would shipped in the coming weeks. OO Works J15 with sound ready haul

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

On 20/9/2024 at 12:27 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

Invoice received today.

Black and orange coaches definitely on invoice.

Haven't had time to check that they combined all pre-orders correctly, but will do so tomorrow before paying.

Looks correct at a glance.

Great job, Rails!

Where's that @Crossley fellow with an update on his order?

😂😂😂😂😂

Yes they arrived , Well done Rails of Sheffield , never did get the name of vessel , flag of convenience ect.

Very impressed with the level of detail and livery application , and I have swapped out the T/L couplings for 

Kadee . Third coach in is not derailed it due to the Profi track point . 

20240929_144215.jpg

20240929_144248.jpg

20241003_163033.jpg

• Like 14

Folks, can I ask a few questions, as I’m not getting any joy from Rails of S.

I ordered one of everything, including the black’n’tan full brake but excluding the set of 4.

Rails sent me invoices for the lot - but included the set of 4, but did not include the BnT one, which I particularly wanted.

So I am mightily displeased. 

I’d be interested to know if anyone else had their orders messed up.

But more particularly they want £34.95 per vehicle, which is €42.

Not a huge bill for a vehicle of this type, but I’m sure I saw comments on here to the effect that people were paying €29 something (or maybe £29). Can anyone comment on this?

An example of one of each results in a total bill of over £500 sterling. It’s not a small amount.

£34.95 is the correct UK price including VAT. £29.13 is the price excluding VAT, which is the amount charged to EU customers, as VAT will be added before they are delivered to EU customers according to the rate applicable in their country.

As regards messed up orders, mine came as ordered, so can’t comment on that.

Edited by Fowler4f

35 minutes ago, Fowler4f said:

£34.95 is the correct UK price including VAT. £29.13 is the price excluding VAT, which is the amount charged to EU customers, as VAT will be added before they are delivered to EU customers according to the rate applicable in their country.

As regards messed up orders, mine came as ordered, so can’t comment on that.

Thank you, Fowler, that explains that bit!

Anyone know what gets added on here if posted to Dublin?

Irish VAT @23% and An Post's handling charge, which I believe is now €4.50 or so.

Edit: I still haven't received a shipping notification. Paid 3 weeks ago to the day. They should be a lot more pro-active in reaching out to people with updates about their progress. They could send an email every 5 days with x orders of a total of y orders shipped or something. It would cost them nothing to keep people informed of rough progress.

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 1

Got to the bottom of the pricing and delivery issues with my order. Paid for them today. Hattons, though, appear to have made a hames of my order before transferring it to Rails of S............ so I'm missing the all-important black'n'tan full brake.

This is important, because of course a BnT full van never ran with the green six-wheelers! Separate issues. The few BnT ones which survived to get that livery were tagged onto the back of "modern" trains of laminates, Park Royals and eventually (for a short time) including Cravens. By the time those few received the BnT livery, all of the (green) passenger-carrying six-wheelers were finally withdrawn..... so I have a dark green full brake and a light green one to go with them, but I need a BnT one to go with mid-60s BnT bogies!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jhb171achill said:

Got to the bottom of the pricing and delivery issues with my order. Paid for them today. Hattons, though, appear to have made a hames of my order before transferring it to Rails of S............ so I'm missing the all-important black'n'tan full brake.

This is important, because of course a BnT full van never ran with the green six-wheelers! Separate issues. The few BnT ones which survived to get that livery were tagged onto the back of "modern" trains of laminates, Park Royals and eventually (for a short time) including Cravens. By the time those few received the BnT livery, all of the (green) passenger-carrying six-wheelers were finally withdrawn..... so I have a dark green full brake and a light green one to go with them, but I need a BnT one to go with mid-60s BnT bogies!

Your Black and Tan full brake will be in Albert quay until you manage to pin one down 2nd hand!  

• Like 1

HI jhb. if you can wait awhile I have been told that some orders have been or are being cancelled not sure what the reason is or which models they are as yet. Also, I have been told that Rails may have had a few back due to damage. Again it is too early to find out exactly what the story is about or if those so affected have been compensated. 

Considering just how many have been shipped in this one consignment and having a few damaged models may just be acceptable

Edited by Colin R
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Colin R said:

HI jhb. if you can wait awhile I have been told that some orders have been or are being cancelled not sure what the reason is or which models they are as yet. Also, I have been told that Rails may have had a few back due to damage. Again it is too early to find out exactly what the story is about or if those so affected have been compensated. 

Considering just how many have been shipped in this one consignment and having a few damaged models may just be acceptable

Thanks, Colin - if you hear of anything please do let me know! Apparently they've a waiting list. It's just a pity as I had ordered this from them long before they had even made public that they were doing the series at all! And they even rang me up to tell me that they were closing down, literally the day before they went public with it, and I confirmed that particular one with them at that point!

5 minutes ago, amdaley said:

Just got notification that my order is on it's way.

Same. On the one hand I'm delighted of course but I was kind of hoping they'd get to me a bit later now as there will be nobody here to take delivery for the whole of next week and be bouncing around the local post office until I can collect them 😞.

On 11/10/2024 at 7:51 PM, BosKonay said:

Over 14,000 coaches is a lot on top of ‘regular’ rails volumes. 

Yes indeed that's a very big run and being sold out shows what surprising demand there was for old era stuff. Yet I suspect we might see these fetch big money on ebay in 10 years times as rare collectors items. Especially with the Hattons boxes. Me I just wanna throw away the box and play with them now 😀 It really is end of an Era with Hattons no more. Well done Hornby! :( 

My coaches arrived today, stunning, will play with them next week on Gort. Examining them today a few bits fell off, the negative side of hyper detailing perhaps, too hot to handle :) Delighted, I waited for these. Looking forward to receiving the IRM Park Royals when they are due to ship presume before end of 2024

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Noel said:

Yes indeed that's a very big run and being sold out shows what surprising demand there was for old era stuff. Yet I suspect we might see these fetch big money on ebay in 10 years times as rare collectors items. Especially with the Hattons boxes. Me I just wanna throw away the box and play with them now 😀 It really is end of an Era with Hattons no more. Well done Hornby! :( 

My coaches arrived today, stunning, will play with them next week on Gort. Examining them today a few bits fell off, the negative side of hyper detailing perhaps, too hot to handle :) Delighted, I waited for these. Looking forward to receiving the IRM Park Royals when they are due to ship presume before end of 2024

I would like to think that before too long someone might decide to do a second run of these unless of course, the likes of Hornby make us all go to TT:120 before that happens.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1