LIMA Murphy Models

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

Fantastic history lesson Dave, very well done, keep the info coming, wonder if you know anything about the Model Railway shop that was in Phibsboro many years ago,

Paul

That's the shop that was on Monk Place. It was always worth a visit and opened on Sunday mornings, which was useful.

I was in Leinster Models in summer of 1968. I bought a s/h assembled K's whitemetal brakevan in grey with CIE Flying Snail.

They produced a range of O scale British outline locos, Black 5 and suchlike, and advertised in the Railway Modeller. A tiny little shop with very little for sale, being run by a fairly elderly lady.

Thanks again Dave for your latest instalment. Could I suggest when you complete your saga it is entered in the Resource Section without all the comments for easy reference. You are chronicling a major part of Irish Modelling history and it deserves a special place on the site.

Dave the amount of hard work and effort you have put into this, and the willingness to share it is has been well worth it. It takes a lot of time to research, photograph, and type everything for the thread and you're doing it with such enjoyment also. Brilliant stuff, well done.

Rich,

In November 01 Murphy Models commissioned an "O" Gauge Maunsell K1 2-6-0 "Woolwich" from Bassett- Lowke , now under the onership of Corgi Models

Reference number is BL99005

The loco was turned out in C.I.E. Gren livery and a limited edition of 50 were ordered

When the 50 arrived one was found to be a Schools Class , but packaged in the MM box

P1030363.JPG.82c689e51b02ca9871adc4ff50ce2740.JPG

Packaging with outer sleeve

P1030366.JPG.7fe2bed5397398a12d7bd48c65d595f7.JPG

P1030367.JPG.2235f4737e444513311d997daab6bfcc.JPG

P1030372.JPG.38f15c99ee2ba599e1c52869ab6cc0e1.JPG

Hard to see in this light but the plaque shows the individual issue number of the loco, in this case #28

Edited by WRENNEIRE
  • Like 1

Anto

Dont know if I mentioned it before but I was the treasurer in our Works social club

Just before I retired I spotted this and snapped it up

When I was asked what I would like for my presentation I handed over the loco. wrapped in lovely wrapping paper and also an invoice for the amount I paid

I tried to look surprised at the "do" but it was impossible to keep the smile off my face!!!

Dave I remember seeing one in the model shop window in Capel Street many years ago. I seem to remeber PM having the 00 version at a SDMRC exhibition in Blackrock the year he had them produced. I think Marks Models had one displayed in the window in Hawkins Street also.

Rich,

Just on the Latin thing Richie

My favourite Latin phrase from work was

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt

(When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)

I can just imaging the streets of Dublin full of catapults PIMP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A starter train set was one of the final items to issue during Murphy Models best period for new outline models

This set was the 15th of 17 new items issued during 2001, and was released in December

Its the River Tolka set with 2 x unnumbered Mk 3 coaches

L105500XO5

Only 300 issued, and because there is a cut out building on the rear of the box it makes a boxed example of this set a little rarer than the rest.

P1100365.thumb.JPG.ec7719256c8791770a89c32ba6ef85dc.JPG

5a15aaba26494_2007-10-1913_46_16.jpg.b1f5a44455b27219e8e64392f094d303.jpg

Edited by WRENNEIRE