IRM Is Sucking Diesel As Fuel Oil Tank Wagon Announced

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

10 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

I am calm, I'm breathing properly and I am grand, you don't really help things though.

Hi Fran, that's not a great way to greet a customer, it's not my fault you're short staffed, if you want to get goods out on time then make sure you have the adequate amount of staff, enjoy your weekend too. 😊

Dear @Gabhal Luimnigh,

You’re absolutely right. I guess this is the challenge of landing models ahead of schedule. We’ll endeavour to ensure we have adequate staffing all year round in future, and delay any stock that is running ahead of schedule where we need to.

All joking aside, appreciate the feedback, and will work on my greetings in future. Apologies for using Hi and your forum handle.

All the best,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Dear @Gabhal Luimnigh,

You’re absolutely right. I guess this is the challenge of landing models ahead of schedule. We’ll endeavour to ensure we have adequate staffing all year round in future, and delay any stock that is running ahead of schedule where we need to.

All joking aside, appreciate the feedback, and will work on my greetings in future. Apologies for using Hi and your forum handle.

All the best,

Fran

Apology accepted ☺️ 

• Thanks 1

On 28/6/2024 at 4:36 PM, WRENNEIRE said:

If you can get to Bray Wheelers gig on the 14th July I will have some of each there, and possibly Tank wagons if they have arrived by then

Hi Wrenn,

Appreciate that but I've managed to nab all the bits I've wanted, I'm waiting on two of the tanker packs now!

Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated!

• Agree 1

I think we should all be very grateful for the effort that IRM is putting into producing model of the Irish railway scene. They are a small company and are doing their very best in trying circumstances. Sure, I would love to be first on their delivery list but I know that my purchases are on their way. Have a good day.

Stephen

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I am far from an impartial observer, but purely from my viewpoint as an aspiring modeller/collector of Irish Railway models, it is a sign of the rude health of the hobby that we have not 3 separate arrivals from two different companies in one week. That is on top of five arrivals of Irish models so far this year from IRM(Mk2s, bulleid flats and bulleid opens) and MM(MK2ds and 141/181s). We have come along way since when I started buying Irish models back in 2009, or even since IRM's first product launch back in 2018. 

In fact, space to store all these new arrivals is now my biggest problem rather than the scarcity or cost of what is available. I have found my self having to actually be strategic in what I do or don't buy instead of just buying everything Irish! 

Edited by MOGUL
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MOGUL said:

I am far from an impartial observer, but purely from my viewpoint as an aspiring modeller/collector of Irish Railway models, it is a sign of the rude health of the hobby that we have not 3 separate arrivals from two different companies in one week. That is on top of five arrivals of Irish models so far this year from IRM(Mk2s, bulleid flats and bulleid opens) and MM(MK2ds and 141/181s). We came come along way since when I started buying Irish models back in 2009, or even since IRM's first product launch back in 2018. 

In fact, space to store all these new arrivals is now my biggest problem rather than the scarcity or cost of what is available. I have found my self having to actually be strategic in what I do or don't buy instead of just buying everything Irish! 

If only you knew a man who could source some 40' containers for your collection...

😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, DJ Dangerous said:

If only you knew a man who could source some 40' containers for your collection...

😂😂😂😂

I already have a 20ft essentially, have added two book shelves in the last few weeks, the boxes of books went onto the shelves, and then the boxes got filled with lovely Mk2 packs! That reminds me, I need to call to Woodies to get some more boxes for my CIE/IE mk2s! 

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

I already have a 20ft essentially, have added two book shelves in the last few weeks, the boxes of books went onto the shelves, and then the boxes got filled with lovely Mk2 packs! That reminds me, I need to call to Woodies to get some more boxes for my CIE/IE mk2s! 

Talk about living in a box...

40 minutes ago, Wexford70 said:

Am afraid to ask but is there any dispatch date for the diesel wagons?

Excess pre-order stock went on sale on Wednesday morning so dispatching pre-orders isn't likely to be far behind that.

There was some sort of technical issue with the listing, so that may have affected the fulfillment centre's ability to get started on orders.

• Informative 1

17 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Arrived today - photos tomorrow 😀

Cheers

Darius

Hi Postie just done the honours and lovely they are too, crying out for some weathering - all my stuff packed away as moving shortly so will have to go on to awaiting pile..   As always thanks to the IRM staff for all work done and thanks to the little hands in China who have made kits into rtr models for us!

Robert   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Were these types of tanks also used for molasses traffic?

The IRM Fuel Oil tank wagons would have been out of service by the late 70s.

The Molasses traffic started during the 90s and was transported in tank wagons built for Fuel Oil traffic to the Cement factories during the mid 1960s and a small batch (6wagons) built for Burmah Oil traffic between Cork and Limerick during the early 70s.

Both types of tank wagon ran on a 20T -20' chassis similar to the Cement Bubbles, and Hopper Wagons, the tanks on the wagons originally built to transport oil to the cement factories are visually similar to the IRM tanks with an anchor mounting.

Irishcement11072024.thumb.jpg.0595080978f59408d5c89ae880807647.jpg

Molasses---Irish Cement Fuel Oil traffic conversion

Burmah11072024.thumb.jpg.9bfea2b80343618cf0ce5ed80a127d69.jpg

Molasses--Burmah Oil conversion.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

8 minutes ago, minister_for_hardship said:

Where were the Molasses flows going to? Was it for food or agriculture?

It was loaded in Foynes and worked to Limerick either as a block train or attached to the empty Barytes heading back to Silvermines.. From Limerick it went forward in the Liner network to Mullingar and Longford..

It was for agricultural use, being used to manufacture animal feed in the mills in Edgeworthstown and Granard I think

• Informative 5

When a friend's son was about ten, he was reading the list of ingredients on a bottle of brown sauce and came to "molasses", this was an unknown substance to him.

He decided to find out about the subject by asking us - "What is a "molass"?"

We still occasionally make sure that he, now 40ish, has not forgotten this.

• Funny 3