Big load of Irish stock listed at Clark Railworks

Rate this topic

Tractionman

14 hours ago, StevieB said:

Do my eyes deceive me or has the UG got a twisted right hand footplate? Otherwise an excellent buy.

Stephen

It looks slightly out - but I hope it's an illusion as I heads-upped a pal who has bought it - surprise, surprise the Class U has gone too!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

It looks slightly out - but I hope it's an illusion as I heads-upped a pal who has bought it - surprise, surprise the Class U has gone too!

Dang!!! I wanted that 0.6.0 but I’m out with tourists so haven’t had time to book it….

it's interesting to see what parts of this lot gets sold more quickly, some items disappeared very quickly, esp the coaching stock and steam locos, but the diesel units and locos are sitting including the 141/181s...  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Killian Keane said:

Ah yes a 'Notjeep' or Land Rover if you will

Screenshot_20240515-120617-739.png

Land Rover is henceforth the accepted name for LMS standard 2-6-4s (sure they all look like similar enough to Jeeps so I doubt anyone’s going to mind)

• Like 1

managed to get my hands on this beauty of a Mk111 DVT from the collection without costing an arm and a leg.

also helps when you have relatives up North to avoid paying brexit charges  (hope revenue arnt keen Irish modellers 👀👀IMG_5076.thumb.jpeg.9699b5460f17dcbdb5a272ec084d1215.jpeg

IMG_5080.thumb.jpeg.37b3de4e78fc4d40c816820c4753f58e.jpegIMG_5078.thumb.jpeg.962ae946c919a90036537004de697e32.jpegIMG_5079.thumb.jpeg.d80087f455a8ddcdc387fc06b3456cd2.jpeg
DVT with the rest of the Mk111s and 201 propelling 

• Like 11
  • WOW! 1

model railway locomotives and stock and accessories have always been exempt from duty, so there aren’t really any new charges for buying in the UK and shipping to Ireland. If the supplier is handling the VAT correctly otherwise you will only pay a couple of euro to An Post to process the delivery and charge you the vat you would have paid anyway. 

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

model railway locomotives and stock and accessories have always been exempt from duty, so there aren’t really any new charges for buying in the UK and shipping to Ireland. If the supplier is handling the VAT correctly otherwise you will only pay a couple of euro to An Pist to process the delivery and charge you the vat you would have paid anyway. 

Ya and the important bit is 'if the supplier is handling the Vat correctly' 

I presume you were still half asleep boss when you wrote An Pist? 😂😂

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Ya and the important bit is 'if the supplier is handling the Vat correctly' 

I presume you were still half asleep boss when you wrote An Pist? 😂😂

At least I wasn’t An Pist at the time. 

All the UK seller has to do nowadays is not charge you UK vat when they post something and ideally include an invoice. 

Thanks Mayner, the Enterprise arrived successfully today. The protracted negotiations with the Boss around the purchase took longer than delivery. Ellis Clarke removed the VAT, DHL then requested the Irish VAT,  didn't add any other charges and delivered within 2 days. Had to pull out all the stops again during the negotiations - unique model, place in my heart, one chance to get hold of etc etc.... She caved in eventually.

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

The Mrs. or the train?

Train, duh... I'm not being mysoginistic, I just prefer trains over any people at all. That's why I have slightly... mixed feelings about this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Flying Snail said:

Too many neigh-sayers here! Time to get me coat and trot off home ....

Horse out side:

image.png.5cee33d8a50f74990d2908f6ee1ff672.png

Horse (on his way) inside:

image.png.6b51c8ca54ccc3436e40f7839345fe14.png

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/hoofing-around-curious-horse-trots-onto-sydney-train-station-platform/cxjy6qpmq

That was a mad one. Think the horse may have been a commuter in a previous life; he even waited behind the yellow line.

• Like 1