Irish Railway Models Launch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

take your time with the bubble. I'm skint !

Don't really know why, but the cement bubble as a prototype never 'blew my skirt up' and was not part of my nostalgia memory. Loose coupled vans, cattle wagons and original bulleid open wagons are burned into my childhood memories of ex-MGWR lines in the west.

2.30am, somewhere in North inner city Dublin. "Knocks on door" Harry? Hi, Make this(thrusts prototype drawings at him, walks off. Looks down "GSR class 800". "Well,.. sh*t". Goes to pub for Guinness

(To capture the feel of Dublin, imagine the Edge playing guitar)

Edited by GSR 800

2.30am, somewhere in North inner city Dublin. "Knocks on door" Harry? Hi, Make this(thrusts prototype drawings at him, walks off. Looks down "GSR class 800". "Well,.. sh*t". Goes to pub for Guinness

(To capture the feel of Dublin, imagine the Edge playing guitar)

yes but he could only ever sell three :D

Harry, you'd be getting a hurl to the side of the knee if you arrived at my door at 2:30 in the morning, the only 800 we'd be discussing is 1800-WEEWAAW :P

Personally, I'm not mad about doing any loco til we get a few bits boxed off, principally because I still run mine on clockwork! As I've said recently, there is a fairly sizeable wishlist in IRM HQ that is ever evolving, but whatever it is will be subject to what the community want & need. My cries for making Sambo fell on deaf ears....

Richie.

Well, here's a little something to tease you all with. Please remember it's a work in progress... :)

2eojoy0.jpg

Posted especially for Captain Buzzkill here...

Don't really know why, but the cement bubble as a prototype never 'blew my skirt up' and was not part of my nostalgia memory. Loose coupled vans, cattle wagons and original bulleid open wagons are burned into my childhood memories of ex-MGWR lines in the west.

:facepalm:;):P

Harry, you'd be getting a hurl to the side of the knee if you arrived at my door at 2:30 in the morning, the only 800 we'd be discussing is 1800-WEEWAAW :P

Personally, I'm not mad about doing any loco til we get a few bits boxed off, principally because I still run mine on clockwork! As I've said recently, there is a fairly sizeable wishlist in IRM HQ that is ever evolving, but whatever it is will be subject to what the community want & need. My cries for making Sambo fell on deaf ears....

Richie.

Your puny hurls would snap like twigs around my thick Rugby worn legs:p

I would love to see a model of Sambo, it was such an iconic and unique engine.

Well, here's a little something to tease you all with. Please remember it's a work in progress... :)

2eojoy0.jpg

That bit detail looks amazing. From reading comments here I am sure it will be in great demand and will sell well. Can't help my memory :) but I suspect once I get my hands on one 'resistance will be futile' (Dr A J Borg 2316). Ps. I ordered a rake of the ballasts and really looking forward to them

2eojoy0.jpg

OK that's enough to burst the bank account for about 2 years!!!

Please don't tell us whats next until we get this all paid for!!