Irish Railway Models Launch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Hello everyone,

Just to tease you some more and perhaps make you push the boys for a second run take a look at these i took on my photo survey of the wagon when i was over the other month.

http://davejonesphotography.zenfolio.com/p344817123

What's worthy of note is the different positions of lettering and numbering, plus one with the 'rolling wheel' emblem on it too.

These guys can and probably will, if your nice to them, produce you an unheard of amount of differences of an almost standard wagon livery at launch.

Oh, and i'll be pleased to make them for the guys too :-)

Cheers

Dave

Hello everyone,

Just to tease you some more and perhaps make you push the boys for a second run take a look at these i took on my photo survey of the wagon when i was over the other month.

http://davejonesphotography.zenfolio.com/p344817123

What's worthy of note is the different positions of lettering and numbering, plus one with the 'rolling wheel' emblem on it too.

These guys can and probably will, if your nice to them, produce you an unheard of amount of differences of an almost standard wagon livery at launch.

Oh, and i'll be pleased to make them for the guys too :-)

Cheers

Dave

For those interested in variations on the 'ballast' wagons, 26620, 26622, 26624, 26633 mixed through the rakes in Dave's photos were dolomite wagons. All the 241xx were ballasts from the outset

We plan to produce all liveries. We're just not sure on what order we'll do them yet! :)

Good news - they looked the part in ORANGE!!!! The CADCAM looks brilliant, guys - if I am still around, I'm up for a rake - I need something to pull behind these "diesel" things someone persuaded me to buy!

Best of luck with the project.

Leslie

Any news guys, did you's manage to get word on a production slot before the year of the Monkey kicks in?

None yet, Railer. We had hoped to get confirmation of a slot before the factory stopped work to celebrate Chinese New Year but we were unable to. CNY was on Monday, so hopefully the factory workers will be back in the next few days and we'll get an update then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

According to the website work has begun on the "third project!"

And the third project is!..............

.......I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.....

Edited by GSR 800

It doesn't say in the magazine but if you would like a nice little rake of 24 it will be expensive no matter what!:trains:

A rake of 24? How big a house do you own!!!!!??????

If these guys can do three for €110 for or a little more, they would be very good value for what you are getting.

The retail price for the bubbles hasn't been finalised yet. Development has involved more work than the ballasts but we're doing all we can to ensure the price remains in the same ballpark without sacrificing detail.

Is it on the same chassis?

Yep, the bubbles will utilise the same chassis mould as the ballasts.

The final touches are being applied to the mould at the moment and the factory have told us we should have an EP sample in a few weeks, although the exact timing depends on whether any adjustments are required once they squirt the plastic into it. :)

Hi Fran, Patrick

What date do you expect to deliver the ballast wagons?

Thanks

Noel

Hi Noel,

The tooling is ready to go but we can't confirm an exact date until we've received and approved the pre-production samples (we've just been told the factory should be turning-out the first one within the next two weeks). Depending on how these samples turn out, modifications may be required. If this is the case then obviously that would add some more time to the process. Once that phase is completed, we'll be given a slot in the factory's production schedule. Unfortunately we can't be any more specific than that right now; it's a case of 'wait and see' while the factory does its stuff. Nevertheless we're approaching the end line and customers should have wagons running on their layouts by the end of the summer.