POSTPONED! IRM 2018 Launch, Saturday March 3rd, Ryan's Bar, Dublin.

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

5a7c8dcdc6157_08_02.2018-IRMSocial2018poster.thumb.png.cc1b55d846ff9fae98fd4f112b1667ec.png

Well everyone, you told us that you would like to find out the 2018 IRM range in advance, so make sure you join us on Saturday, March 3rd, 2018 in Ryan's Bar, Store Street where we will announce the models coming in 2018 as well answer your questions and host a social event for Irish railway modellers. 

Ryan's is a special place for IRM, as it's where we held our very first meeting way back in 2015, so it seems only right we have our launch there. 

We kick off at 4pm and food will be provided. If you want to come along, it is essential you RSVP by 6pm on Wednesday, Feb 28th to info@irishrailwaymodels.com as we need to know for catering requirements. 

All are welcome and we hope to see you there on the day! 

Now, feel free to speculate what we may announce! :) 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Tara Mines wagon already announced, so unsure if this is included in new announcements, so my money is on the following :

Bogie Bulk Cement wagon

42' Flat wagon

Bagged cement wagon 

Ballast brake van

However, IRM could go totally out there and go with

A Class loco

22000 railcars

Park Royal coach

Laminate coach

In any case, less than four weeks until we know 😁😁😁

Great idea Fran, et al. Will be attending. :-bd

To add to @iarnrod excellent speculations, my own dream list would be:

1. Single beat wagon (I know, I know I've just made a rake of 3D ones but IRM spec would be hyper-wow)
  2. Double beat wagon
  3. H-Van
  4. CAF Mk4 DVT (really out of my era but its gorgeous and would look great behind an MM 222 or 229)
  5. Side Curtain cement wagon
  6. Bogie Fertiliser wagon
  7. B101 Sulzer
  8. B113 Sulzer (Dalek)
  9. 2 axle Guinness wagon with keg loads
  10. E class shunter
3 hours ago, iarnrod said:

Tara Mines wagon :) 

Bogie Bulk Cement wagon

42' Flat wagon :) 

Bagged cement wagon :):) 

Ballast brake van :) 

A Class loco :):):):):):):):)

22000 railcars  :mad:  I'd nearly give up the hobby if 'orrible yo-yo's ever came to market :((

Park Royal coach :) 

Laminate coach :):):) 

26 minutes ago, murrayec said:

Mr Musk is joining the IRM team and we all get a slightly singed used car?

Is there a prize, is there a prize?

Eoin

The seat may need reupholstering after the mannequin got a fright

For future models I'd say bogie cement and I suppose bagged cement is a possibility. 

Something like a ballast regulator or operating tamper would be right up the IRM street with detail but that's dreamland! :D Anyone up for timber or steel wagons?

I'd be surprised by the Mark 4 DVT as there are no Irish Mark 4s available. I'm going to give the DVT a go in the next few months all going well.

2 hours ago, Railer said:

As for predictions, 

42ft flat

Bagged cement/ pallet cement

Oil wagons

22ft flat

Bogie bulk cement 

4 axel coal or timber or kegs

47ft flat

Ammonia tankers

Love this list. 

How about a three car class 80 and then use the Mark 2 coach mold for the basis for an Accurascale British project!!!

Come on lads!!!

Any chance of a few dancing girls and an ambulance being there?  'Twould  be great to have the girls to take my mind off the announcement of 42' flats, twin plough vans and a 3 pack of manganese wagons.  The ambulance is on stand by if ye announce an 'A' class!!Missing tooth animated emoticon

27 minutes ago, heirflick said:

Any chance of a few dancing girls and an ambulance being there?  'Twould  be great to have the girls to take my mind off the announcement of 42' flats, twin plough vans and a 3 pack of manganese wagons.  The ambulance is on stand by if ye announce an 'A' class!!Missing tooth animated emoticon

The ambulance is booked - with an additional fluid capacity for real emergencies.

0f0aeb0ac95fb8c74ea1310c9a32a0e3.jpg

• Funny 2

Granny B said she could do a few moves, depending on her rider request being met

Tube of Pollygrip to stop her teeth falling out

Pack of Abri-Flex Premium, keep her nice and dry

Mug of Cocoa after every 3 dances, keep the sugar levels up

Some sawdust on the floor in case she spills

Finally a few minutes with Bosko or Blaine, shes not picky.

• WOW! 1

19 minutes ago, jason brady said:

And there's me thinking that'll be a nice quiet evening with some light chat between members.Going by some of the comments I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie Sheen turned up at this :) 

His dad might turn up with that bloke from the Park.

6143753952_355622fa63_b.jpg

• Like 3

An NCC "Jeep", and a decent AEC / GNR / CIE / UTA / NIR railcar are musts for a future time.

Fert bogie - a perfect companion for bubbles and Guinness wagons!

Midland six wheeler

Cattle trucK

I'll be there, see you then. I can travel into town on the Harcourt St line; most appropriate.

Edited by jhb171achill

Apologies in advance troops

Been off the gargle since Stephens day, Doctors orders before and after a small procedure.

So I reckon after a couple of roasters I will be talking worse shite than I usually talk here

And I'm thinking of bringing me auld boxing gloves

Just a heads up.....

vintage_boxing_gloves_2.jpg.21df2652ff60d2fb4e63d459e22ac9a9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 2