barrow street

Rate this topic

warb

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Looking good - always good to see historic modelling ! A great shame the real ones now out of service. The mods do look quite extensive . Check out Shawplan  glazing items he has a range of MK3 lazercut tinted glazing to suit. 

Robert 

I have a sneaking suspicion that WARB is planning to model the Belmond Grand Hibernian rather than an IE MK3 Intercity set.

Apart from  Pearse-Drogheda Push Pull workings and the odd Push-Pull working down the DSER main line MK3 stock would have been extremely rare at Barrow Street Boston Yard area. 

The carriage sidings between Pearse Station & Grand Canal Dock were used during the IE era for reversing Pearse-Drogheda and Maynooth services and stabling stock the evening rush hour services.

Westland Row (Pearse) was the terminus for Midland Main Line services (Galway, Sligo, Westport) from the late 30s until the services were diverted to run from Heuston or Connolly during the 1970s. The Midland trains apparently were stabled in the bay platforms at the south end of the station before being propelled out onto the main line immediately before departure.

I remember watching light engine movements with a black and tan B121 between Grand Canal Shed and the station from Townsend Street as a 7-8 year old on a saturday morning as my father was getting parts in a motor factors. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...