North Down MRS Exhibition and Fair 13/14 April 2019.

Rate this topic

steventrain

The NDMRS 2019 Exhibition will be held on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th April at Bangor Grammar School.

53323373_2316570191695256_3131667088821714944_n.thumb.jpg.97402514865137fad4a12f012395381b.jpg

List-

Layouts

Road Runner Diorama Les Conn

Santa Clarita & Los Zapatos Les Conn

Charlie the Choo Choo Les Conn

BlumentopfbahnLes Conn

Circus & Zoo layoutErne MRC

Glenabbey No 1 Layout Glenabbey MRC

Mill Road NDMRS

Overlord Chris Meades

Duncluchan & ArdkrovinIst Bangor MRC

Octavia HillTony Ragg

Dunster Diorama (Lego )John Sinclair

Kildare Town SDMRS

T Trak layout O'Connor Michael

Silburn Ulster MRC

Brick IE Lego layout Ronald Vallenduuk

Felldown Warley MRC

Under the Swan rockDavid Wynne

Displays-

Diorama War scenes Stephen Armstrong

7mm Scale Locos Phil Aspinwall

Miniature Railway Display Belfast & Co Down miniature Railway

Display of Planes Bangor Electric Flying Club

Display of Planes Belfast Model Flying Club

Indoor Flying Display Belfast Model Flying Club

D.A .M.E ( Display of Dolls Houses & lego layout)Lorraine Welsh/Ann Clark

Diorama - Battle of Clontarf Michael Delaney

Diorama - Last Flight of FW Condor Michael Delaney

Display of BCDR railway items Downpatrick & Co Down Socy

Fhinda Fhinda

Weathering Demo Graham Linehan

Demo Kit Building Jackson

Display of Matchstick Models Peter Harris

Display of Computer Controlled Layout Merg

Loco Repair Hospital MRSI

Curracloe/Saving Pte Ryan MRSI

Davony Heath (under construction)MRSI

Brass Coaches Kit Building Richard McLachlan

Display of Kit Built Planes IPMS(UK) Ni Br

Radio Controlled Boats Pickie Boats

Dolls House Miniatures Karen Sinclair

Demo loco building Raymond Wilson

Traders-

Sales Models;Scenic & Accessories Joe Barlow

Display/Photographs Belfast & Co Down Railway Trust

Sales kits & Videos D&E Videos/DC kits

Display of Laser Cut Buildings Eddie Hall

Model Train sales Chris Dyer

Die-cast Models sales Roy

Sales Irish Outline Models Irish Model Railways

Books, Badges etc Irish Steam Pres Socy

Sales of Boats, Planes, Trains ,Cars etc Marks Models

Baseboards Construction Model Rail Baseboards

Sales Second Hand Railway Stock NDMRS

Sales of LGB/Fleischmann Donal McBride

Sales Irish goods models Provincial Wagons

Sales Model Soldiers Warren Rainey

Sales Model Railways and Scenics The Junction Box

Sales Tools, Electrics etc Squires

Sales Trucks & Rally Cars Truck & Rally Cars

Just to say that while my Provincial Wagons is shown as Irish goods models, I'll be breaking new ground with -

My first passenger vehicle kit (they carried a notice which said, quite clearly - "Not to run in Goods Trains"!!!!)

A new Irish loco (not mine - just making it visible to the Home audience, close to where it was built!!!!). I'll be taking orders for the producers, whom I met at Scalforum North this weekend

Of course, I'll have my old favourites like Bulleid Corrugated opens and H vans (mentioned in another thread), Brown vans, and a new run of the Spoil Wagon.

I look forward to seeing you there - you'll find me in the Atrium sandwiched between Nelson building kits and Richard bashing brass (and showing off his brilliant drawings from the IRRS Archive.

I look forward to seeing some of you there!

Leslie

Hi everyone,

We will be at there this weekend too where we will have the latest IRM news as well as the new plough vans for sale as well as the remaining stock of Tara Mines Wagons. We will also have some Accurascale stock for sale too, if you want anything specific from Accurascale in OO or O let us know by Wednesday and we can arrange!

We might also have something previously unannounced from IRM to show you this weekend too. So, make sure you drop by and have a look!

Cheers!

Fran
  • Like 3

Almost packed for my second run to my staging post pre Holyhead Boat at 3am Thursday. Amazing how many wagons you can get into a Smart Car - 300 if I believe my stock spreadsheet.

To the young men at IRM - almost as young as we were when we founded the RPSI - congrats on the Yellow Perils.

I guarantee that my new vehicle has NO working interior lights, NO working tail lights (although you could fit them - tempting?); can be built for 16.5 up to 21mm gauge.

Noel commented on the number of 21mm folk out there - I believe I have supplied to over a dozen modellers using 21mm track. There must be quite a few, as the Scale Four Society makes a W irons/axlebox etch with specially lengthened spacer. Ask Richard McLachlan on Saturday at Bangor how to "stretch" my kits to the correct gauge.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend. If there's a particular kit which you want, e-mail me, or send a PM and I'll set it aside for you.

Leslie

thinking either an emu or a railcar

most likely a 22000 set

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:34 AM, leslie10646 said:

Just to say that while my Provincial Wagons is shown as Irish goods models, I'll be breaking new ground with -

My first passenger vehicle kit (they carried a notice which said, quite clearly - "Not to run in Goods Trains"!!!!)

A new Irish loco (not mine - just making it visible to the Home audience, close to where it was built!!!!). I'll be taking orders for the producers, whom I met at Scalforum North this weekend

Of course, I'll have my old favourites like Bulleid Corrugated opens and H vans (mentioned in another thread), Brown vans, and a new run of the Spoil Wagon.

I look forward to seeing you there - you'll find me in the Atrium sandwiched between Nelson building kits and Richard bashing brass (and showing off his brilliant drawings from the IRRS Archive.

I look forward to seeing some of you there!

Leslie

wow looking forward to the announcement busy on our trip tomorrow or else id pop up

10 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

I notice Ian Hunter / Junction Box from Haltwhistle is attending the Show with his trade stand. I sold him a lot of built Irish Freight Models stock a couple of months ago, bagged cements, bogie flats, Tara's amongst others which he should have with him.

ERnie

Some cements on their way to Raheny as we speak

On 4/9/2019 at 11:29 PM, leslie10646 said:

Almost packed for my second run to my staging post pre Holyhead Boat at 3am Thursday. Amazing how many wagons you can get into a Smart Car - 300 if I believe my stock spreadsheet.

To the young men at IRM - almost as young as we were when we founded the RPSI - congrats on the Yellow Perils.

I guarantee that my new vehicle has NO working interior lights, NO working tail lights (although you could fit them - tempting?); can be built for 16.5 up to 21mm gauge.

Noel commented on the number of 21mm folk out there - I believe I have supplied to over a dozen modellers using 21mm track. There must be quite a few, as the Scale Four Society makes a W irons/axlebox etch with specially lengthened spacer. Ask Richard McLachlan on Saturday at Bangor how to "stretch" my kits to the correct gauge.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend. If there's a particular kit which you want, e-mail me, or send a PM and I'll set it aside for you.

Leslie

So Leslie, what were your two new kits?  Am hoping the loco was the BCDR Ballynahinch branch diesel No. 2 (you did say your new loco was built in Belfast....)?

On 4/12/2019 at 8:58 PM, mphoey said:

thinking either an emu or a railcar

most likely a 22000 set

Oh dear I hope not :( the day an RTR model of a 22k is manufactured this hobby could be finished. Like Thomas fine for the toy market and youngsters but operationally as a model zero appeal. Layouts with few points, out’n’back, no shunting, and the noise they make is about as interesting as a fridge humming. DDC sound? Just a personal thought. Perhaps in 40years time they may acquire some sort of nostalgia value. 

Ps: anybody any photos of the Bangor show?

Edited by Noel
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Oh dear I hope not :( the day an RTR model of a 22k is manufactured this hobby could be finished. Like Thomas fine for the toy market and youngsters but operationally as a model zero appeal. Layouts with few points, out’n’back, no shunting, and the noise they make is about as interesting as a fridge humming. DDC sound? Just a personal thought. Perhaps in 40years time they may acquire some sort of nostalgia value. 

Ps: anybody any photos of the Bangor show?

The suspense is killing me, though I can't see Leslie bringing outs something so-post modern image as a 22XX though I like them😄

IMG_2615.thumb.jpg.825085b461a1d0639067efa82e49e06d.jpg

The late Jim Beale exhibited a Minories style British Rail layout during the 1990s operated almost entirely by 1st & 2nd Generation DMUs, being a double track city terminus with 3 platforms the layout was quite challenging to operate just like a mini-Limerick or Heuston.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Galteemore said:

Sorry - am no expert but looked like a GN Y van or similar - 4 w parcels type van in brown livery ..

A GNR 4w van makes sense and fits in with Leslie interests. The ventilate Y vans were built for bread and possible fish traffic, the late Harry Connaughton  a professional modeler built a batch of these vans in  O gauge during the 1970s might be worth watching out for.

• Like 1

If this post doesn't make sense it's because I've been driving all night from Holyhead and then sleeping most of the day away.

The loco is not mine, of course, but was Judith Edge's kit of UTA No.22. Very similar to the BCDR one pictured above, except with coupling rods! Quite a bit of interest and we sold one of our personal kits there and then! 

I'll post full info within the next few days.

The BCDR "version" looks eminently "do-able" and we hope to persuade the Edges to do it next.

The new vehicle was, of course, the long-promised Y5 van. Again, I'll post piccies of it here of it in a few days - a lot of family things to do in the next few days and it IS Holy Week.

Thanks to those who did call by - always nice to meet old friends. I even paid Fran and Pat for my A Class - no prizes to discover that mine is a SILVER one - I saw them when the were pretty new - at Bray, while on hols.

Thanks to the Derek and the NDMRS for organising it.

Leslie

• Like 2